Directv and Camping

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rz0MBIE

Original poster
Aug 21, 2009
Columbus Ohio
Hello all I am new here and I have a couple questions. First, I have SD satellite service and a spare 18" dish with a dual LNB and brining a receiver from my house. I think I have read that Columbus, OH is on the CONUS beam. If that is true I should be able to receive the local channels anywhere in ohio where we primarily camp. If I understand everything correctly I can type in the zipcode of where we are staying and adjust the dish and that should be it?

Thanks

Rob

Not sure if they're Conus or not but if you camp in your home stae you may be able to still "see" the signal
just type in the camping zip to adjust the dish

Hello all I am new here and I have a couple questions. First, I have SD satellite service and a spare 18" dish with a dual LNB and brining a receiver from my house. I think I have read that Columbus, OH is on the CONUS beam. If that is true I should be able to receive the local channels anywhere in ohio where we primarily camp. If I understand everything correctly I can type in the zipcode of where we are staying and adjust the dish and that should be it?

Thanks

Rob
Your locals should be available, SD, within about a 125 mile (or more) radius from Columbus. IMHO that is about all of OH. I've gotten my locals about 200 miles away in southern KY. :cool:

Cool thanks for the info. One last question. I just received my tripd and it turns out I ordered a 2 foot tripod instead of the 3 foot one. The way I have it set up right now in the garage its about 4 feet tall with top of dish should this be an ok setup or should I go get a 3 foot mast pipe?

Cool thanks for the info. One last question. I just received my tripd and it turns out I ordered a 2 foot tripod instead of the 3 foot one. The way I have it set up right now in the garage its about 4 feet tall with top of dish should this be an ok setup or should I go get a 3 foot mast pipe?

Height doesn't matter the most important thing is stability. You don't want it blowing over every few hours if you have a small storm. You will have to adjust the dish though if its lower or higher to the ground. Get some practice in different spots at your home before you leave and have it down pat so you don't spend a few frustrating hours trying to get it working at the CG. Also keep in mind that sometimes the receivers bug out a little if you power them up and down without a Sat connection and then connect it. Sometimes it won't register the signal and a reset is needed before you can view the sat signal strength while pointing. Found that out the hard way one time after an hour in the hot sun while pointing the dish, knowing full well the sat was there but not getting any response. A reset had me up and running in 5 minutes.

Thanks for the info Aridon!! Def keep the tip in mind as I am setting up the dish. Thanks again all for the help!!

Rob

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts