Directv and HBO blame game ....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
American Gangster was on HBO and Cinemax. I know, Because I have them recorded.

HBO Never showed Frank walking with Richie at the end and talking.
Cinemax did!
I'm sure there was more, but right off the top , thats just 1 scene I can remember.

Cinemax gives what you get in the Movies and DVD, HBO gives what they want.

I said this over at the other site and I say it again. Directv is using that Mpeg2 HD stream for HBO and converting to Mpeg4. For some odd reason HBO mpeg2 stream and Mpeg4 streams of the same content doesn't match up.
I noticed it when I had FIOS and D at the same time and would watch HBO and wonder why the hell stuff was missing from the D feed of HBO.
Just like you noticed that in American Gangster I noticed that same edit in Tropic Thunder
The Scene where Osiris and 4leaf where talking about retards and acting.

Well I think a Premium channel should show the movie in its entirety. Just like its shown at the movies, HBO does not do this.
In other words they cut out scenes.;)
Thats Editing.:)

HBO (from everything I know) does not edit theatrical releases except for aspect ratio. they also time compress. That is it.

The American Gangster ending with the two main characters walking at the end WAS NOT IN THE MOVIE THEATERS. It was added footage NOT in the theatrical release.

Edit---

You don't need to know German to understand this http://schnittberichte.com/schnittbericht.php?ID=4896
HBO showed the theatrical release. HBO did not Edit out anything, it showed what you would see in the theater. It was the version distributed TO HBO by the movie studio.

Cinemax showed the extended DVD/Bluray 2 disc release. I am willing to bet this is the case for any other movie people claim was "cut" by HBO.

HBO (from everything I know) does not edit theatrical releases except for aspect ratio. they also time compress. That is it.

The American Gangster ending with the two main characters walking at the end WAS NOT IN THE MOVIE THEATERS. It was added footage NOT in the theatrical release.

Edit---

You don't need to know German to understand this American Gangster - Schnittberichte.com (Zensur-News und Schnittberichte zu mehr als 6000 Filmen und Spielen)
HBO showed the theatrical release. HBO did not Edit out anything, it showed what you would see in the theater. It was the version distributed TO HBO by the movie studio.

Cinemax showed the extended DVD/Bluray 2 disc release. I am willing to bet this is the case for any other movie people claim was "cut" by HBO.

Very True,
As to the "Hangover" the version HBO had was the theatrical release, the version Cinemax had was the unrated version, hence why it says TV-MA instead of R. I've seen both versions on DVD and DVR'd both the HBO and Cinemax version.

I love how this thread has turn into some other side tracked deal about hbo and what they show and not hbo directv relations .
Yea, True.

Tony your right HBO and Cinemax show the exact same content,and Versions.:rolleyes:
So you call it what you want. I know they are different, and I saw American Gangster, and the Hangover in the movies.
They are Identical to my DVR versions on Cinemax.

So if one is Shorter then the other time and content wise, Wouldn't that mean its edited???
Sorry , but I won't ever recommend HBO for Movies. Not a Package that cost $15 per month and shows, the LESSER version of the movies.

Moving On , I think D* charges to much for what little content and variety of Time Warner Premiums they offer.

Now unless HBO or D* want to tell their version, We may never know whats going on.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts