This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

DIRECTV Announces First Quarter 2011 Results

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That is over 100k more (Harsh, I do not want to give the exact number because I do not feel like it) than what Dish added and they have yet to have a net loss quarter, unlike Dish. Yet, Dish too put out an optimistic report.

Besides, why exclude LA subs? They are still paying subs that add to the total count that bring in revenue to the same company.

Well the satellite TV boom is pretty much over. With so many other options available to the customers, you're not going to see big numbers like in the past.
You will see most paid TV provider numbers plateau soon. Most cable has plateaued long ago; they are now in the bandwidth business

extra $0.85 a share, if you have 100 shares you might be able to fill your gas tank twice!!! depending on its size.

That makes it an apples to oranges comparison when comparing against dish.... Also I found some fuzzy math from Directv anyhow. Looks like they actually had more sub growth than they reported.

As per the thread in the warzone here, http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...66-directv-vs-dish-sub-count.html#post2528427

Status
Please reply by conversation.