Directv...anything else?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DTVuser

Original poster
Apr 23, 2005
Hello, I'm a DTV user and am thinking about pointing my 18" dish to "other" satellites out there to see if I can get any signals. Am I likely to have any success? Would I need larger dish? Different LNB? And if I need a different LNB would the receiver short out or could I buffer it somehow? If I get signals by changing the LNB or dish size, could I get a dish mover to work or would I need a receiver that is compliant with that sort of thing? I know, lots of questions but I just don't want to spend any more money if I already have something that will work. Sorry if my question has already been asked before, I just didn't find it being asked. Thanks!

Should be moved to the FTA area I think, and you would need to spend more money on a dish and receiver so I am not going to list any details unless you change you mind on the $$. Hope to see you there.

welcome to the site. glad you are here.

be sure to check out the FTA forums here. i think you will find what you are looking for.

you won't get much with an 18inch dish. you will also have to have an FTA receiver to pick up any signals.

look at the stickys in the fta sections. FTA is a great and fun hobby.

visit us often.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)