DirecTV approved multi-switch?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hokiebird89

Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
I have 4 lines coming off my slimline dish and I want to get more since I now have 2 DVR's and 2 other receivers. What piece of equipment do I need to turn 4 inputs into 8 outputs? TIA.

I've read some threads from other boards about the WB68 being not so reliable. Is it worth the extra $ for the WB616?

Since the WB68 isn't powered, it is probably a bit more picky about the voltage levels, so using coax with a solid copper core is more critical, as is total line length. Directv should supply and install one for you at no cost.

Since the WB68 isn't powered, it is probably a bit more picky about the voltage levels, so using coax with a solid copper core is more critical, as is total line length. Directv should supply and install one for you at no cost.
WB68 works great for me with 6 outputs. Two of them are pretty long runs partially using my old RG59 from cable days. No issues whatsoever.:cool:

I've read some threads from other boards about the WB68 being not so reliable. Is it worth the extra $ for the WB616?

I've been running a WB68 for about a year with outputs without any problems. However, I probably will take advantage of the new lower price for the HD DVR and replace my H20 with a HR20/HR21. I will need 9 outputs then. Can two WB68s be daisy chained together or would I be better off getting a WB616?

I've been running a WB68 for about a year with outputs without any problems. However, I probably will take advantage of the new lower price for the HD DVR and replace my H20 with a HR20/HR21. I will need 9 outputs then. Can two WB68s be daisy chained together or would I be better off getting a WB616?

You can do either, they will both work :)

Jimbo

They don't recommend daisy-chaining the WB68, but many people report that it works. You can also use 4 power-passing splitters between the dish and two WB68s as long as the same input ports are paired.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)