DirecTV Billing Adventure...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

FLUFFY50

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 13, 2005
In February 2005 I switched from Comcast Cable to DirecTV. I had 1 system installed--1 dish, 1 Samsung receiver with TiVo.

One week later I received 2 separate bills with different account numbers. My bank statement arrived soonafter, showing 2 deductions for $128.76, the second deduction caused 2 $35 non sufficient fund charges to my checking account.

My bank's debit/credit card bank dispute people investigated and refunded $128.76 for the duplicate/erroneous installation charge, and $70 for the the 2 bounced check charges.

In March 2005 I bought 25 shares of DirecTV stock.

In May 2005 DirecTV sent an immediate remittance order demanding $128.76 for my installation, or else access would be terminated. I called DirecTV, charged the additional $128.76 demanded, and was charged $5 for talking with customer service. I explained this was an error, but my words were wasted in south Asia.

Again, my credit/debit bank dispute people refunded $128.76. I wrote to DirecTV shareholder relations requesting aid with my bureaucratic/accounting issue, and received no response.

I sold my 25 shares of DirecTV stock.

Soonafter I received another DirecTV demand for $128.76, and I wrote to the president of DirecTV detailing my woes. The response was that my second [erroneous] account was fixed--and I owe 1 month's past due service fees.

I disconnected the DirecTV dish, and used an antenna until I could save for Dish Satellite, which is to be installed tomorrow.

I cannot recommend DirecTV.

FLUFFY50
Dallas TX

Unfortunately in every contact with DirecTV you dealt with idiots. If the Dish thread you can read similar horror stories.

FLUFFY50 said:
I disconnected the DirecTV dish, and used an antenna until I could save for Dish Satellite, which is to be installed tomorrow.

FLUFFY50
Dallas TX

If you think you had problems before, really expect them now.

lou_do said:
If you think you had problems before, really expect them now.

Nonsense...

The chances that you run into similar problems with DISH are slim to none, and I dont care what JD Powers was paid off to say...

hancox said:
:spam: You on Ergen's payroll? :)

No, Im a D* sub (A bitter D* sub, but a D* sub nonetheless)..

All Im saying is what are the chances something that bad is going to happen again?

E* customer service might totally suck and be way worse than D*'s (I dont believe that for a second, but JD Powers said it so it must be true, right?), but the chances he runs into another billing nightmare as described as described in the original post are slim to none..

It was just a fluke, thats all..

Right, but you're going at both sides...

As to "something that bad happening again" I would think it's just as likely as happening with D* or E* (spoken from a sub / former sub of both)

As to the "specific" billing problem, yes, lightning probably won't strike twice.

Sorry for the spam tag, but you made your bed in another thread on that one :)

hancox said:
Right, but you're going at both sides...

As to "something that bad happening again" I would think it's just as likely as happening with D* or E* (spoken from a sub / former sub of both)

As to the "specific" billing problem, yes, lightning probably won't strike twice.

Sorry for the spam tag, but you made your bed in another thread on that one :)

Im not going at any side really...

Im going with common sense, thats all..

Lightning isnt going to strike twice, just like you said..

Dont be sorry for the spam tag...lol..It was amusing :)

FLUFFY50 said:
and was charged $5 for talking with customer service.

I talked to the DirecTV customer Service so many times for different questions, and I have never been charged $5, is there a particular situation for which they charge the $5?

Ummm errrr no. First off Fluff, I hear about such things, not with D* but with other companies...seems that to be charged twice you would somehow have to pay them twice. Like push a submit payment button. But since you say you were I will take that at face value. When speaking to a csr they couldn't see a payment and charge of exactly $128.76 that had previously been posted to your account??? How could you possibly go ahead and authorize another $128.76 that you have already paid and could be seen on your account as plain as day. When I call D* they know exactly what and when I paid for anything. you should have called another CSR. Next, you only skipped about 300 layers of customer service by contacting shareholder relations and then writing the president. Ever here of asking for accounting? At first I felt for you but you handled this so poorly that I can't get behind you on this one. How in gods name could you have two seperte accounts for D* that were tied into the same payment method and then have both deducted without your OK. I have the feeling we are not getting the entire story here.

I am VERY skeptical of a first time poster with the EXTREMELY WEIRD series of events on a very easy to resolve matter. The fact the user says they wrote to shareholder's relations and the president of DirecTV is almost a pure red flag that this is a fake story meant to enflame emotions and bait you guys.

charper1 said:
I am VERY skeptical of a first time poster with the EXTREMELY WEIRD series of events on a very easy to resolve matter. The fact the user says they wrote to shareholder's relations and the president of DirecTV is almost a pure red flag that this is a fake story meant to enflame emotions and bait you guys.
Fake or not, it's not too far fetched. This sounds like typical D* to me.

I have been a sub since 96ish and I have never come close to ANYTHING like this (nor any of the 30 or so friends and relatives I know with DirecTV), especially the $5 CSR charges. AND it is far from TYPICAL or they wouldn't continue to add subs hand over fist.

aec4 said:
Fake or not, it's not too far fetched. This sounds like typical D* to me.

I had once a billing problem, a discount they promised me that was not counted somehow.

Although the operator was not the friendliest, but finally I got it sorted out, and no $5 charge in my next bill. This adventure does not look like a "typical D* adventure".

I have doubts about the story.

alexandrepsf said:
I had once a billing problem, a discount they promised me that was not counted somehow.

Although the operator was not the friendliest, but finally I got it sorted out, and no $5 charge in my next bill. This adventure does not look like a "typical D* adventure".

I have doubts about the story.
I was talking about being rude, not being helpful, etc etc.

I didn't even notice the 5 dollar charge thing until you guys kept harping on it.

I've had terrible experiences with D* customer service. However, the last person who called ME and helped gave me a "level 2" #... and since then it's been wonderful.

In March 2005 I bought 25 shares of DirecTV stock.

even after the double charge NOW THATS FUNNY.

EVEN BETTER.............. buy all the stocks and fire everyone...........lol

I noticed my bill being $5 more than anticipated for a discount that was promised. I emailed them and when it was debited from my account a week later, they deducted the amount. I have been a subscriber since 1998 and have got nothing but good things to say about DirecTV. Just my opinion.

Got $30 worth of credits for 6mo when I signed up for SF at $50. Got the credits for about 1mo and then they vanished from my acct. The last 2mo I've had to call and the CSR's have said the credits are there but can't understand why they aren't showing up on my statement. Checked my acct on line and still no credits for this month, and just got my paper statement yesterday, same same. Calling in a few and this time I'm asking for an additional few months for the hassle. This should have been a simple fix and I even paid the full fee last month at the csr's suggestion to "get back on track". Something about the date the credits were issued was after the billing cycle and were a month behind, but alas they're still a no show. Read another thread a while back about the same type of thing where credits are offered and then there is no record of them. I have to say though that this is the first problem I have had with D*. Most of the $30 credit were not even asked for but givin for "customer appreciation". I'll keep you posted.--Ray

Here's one for you -

I've been with D* for 3 years now - out of contract and everything - my bill is over $100/mo for the entire time - 3 weeks ago I upgraded to HD - but had to recommit to 2 years. I took it and they gave me a whole system for $99 (H10 and off air installed).

I got my bill and was severly overcharged (almost $300). I contacted customer service and after an hour and a half got my bill down to where it was supposed to be - the $99 for the equipment.

This past monday my service was shut off. I called in to cust-service and they gave me a special number to call, their advanced auditing department, and they said that the cust service supervisor was not authorized to credit me that much even though the original sales notes stated what I was supposed to pay.

Now they want me to pay back the credits, a month of advanced service and my current bill before they will reactivate my service. A $99 upgrade has turned into a $499 nightmare. So now my service is off and all I can enjoy is my OffAir HD locals - no FOX.

Anyone else have a nightmare like this?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)