Directv bundle with Verizon services?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
yeah if you have verizon home phone and directv... you don't need to sign up for D* with verizon... just call verizon and tell them you want to add your D8 bill to your verizon bill and they can do it... sometimes you get a discount off also, depends if you have dsl or not

Call to Verizon was interesting

I called Verizon to find out about the Bundle Deal. I'm mainly interested in NFL Sunday Ticket. I was told that the Verizon TV portion had nothing to do with DTV. :confused:

I don't mind bundling my bills, but it is hard enough dealing with D* if you have problems. I don't want to have to go thru verizon to deal with D*. If it's simply for billing, that's fine - if it includes customer serv, then forget it.

They told me I could save $27/ month on DSL/Wireless Phone/Landline/D*. But my landline would increase $9, so it's only a savings of $18/month.

I called Verizon to find out about the Bundle Deal. I'm mainly interested in NFL Sunday Ticket. I was told that the Verizon TV portion had nothing to do with DTV. :confused:

Verizon does have a TV serivce. However, we are talking about Verizon DSL/Wireless Phone bundled with D* services. It's call Freedom Bundles.

The rep was probably confused.

you still deal with d* for billing but everything just goes on one bill... anything with D* you have to call D*, billing, Sunday Ticket... Verizon just allows you to combine the bills into one...

About a year ago I called Verizon and inquired about combining bills and maybe getting a small discount because of the D* and Verizon thing and they told me that I could not do that because I was already a D* sub.

Jimbo

About a year ago I called Verizon and inquired about combining bills and maybe getting a small discount because of the D* and Verizon thing and they told me that I could not do that because I was already a D* sub.
Jimbo

Jimbo, I read that it's for new subs only.

However, the rep from Verizon I spoke too didn't seem to care. I think she just got excited when I told her I already a D* customer. She probably on commission and I would have gotten screwed down the road.

I'm considering dumping comcast highspeed/comcast cable for Verizon DSL. I already have Verizon phone service.

Jimbo

A year ago that was true, but now you should be able to opt-in with Verizon as an existing sub.

Jimbo, I read that it's for new subs only.

However, the rep from Verizon I spoke too didn't seem to care. I think she just got excited when I told her I already a D* customer. She probably on commission and I would have gotten screwed down the road.

I'm considering dumping comcast highspeed/comcast cable for Verizon DSL. I already have Verizon phone service.

I like my Verizon DSL very well, I just wish they would catch up with the times and update the speeds or drop the prices.
AT&T's rates are much cheaper.
Verizon 3.0 is 29 IF you sign up for a year, 37 otherwise.
AT&T's 3.0 is 24 and thats after tehy raised the price when they went to the month to month option, it use to be 19 if you signed up for a year.
Verizon has 3.0 and nothing higher to offer, for about 2 years now,
AT&T has 6.0 for 28.99 where available.

Jimbo

I like my Verizon DSL very well, I just wish they would catch up with the times and update the speeds or drop the prices.
AT&T's 3.0 is 24 and thats after tehy raised the price when they went to the month to month option, it use to be 19 if you signed up for a year.

Jimbo

I just bundled my Verizon phone D* and DSL last week.

I only saved about $10 a month but got unlimited long distance and other feature I did not have before. They had no problem with me being an existing D* customer.

Jimbo I owe you a PM.

Jimbo

One of the problems I heard is that sometime the DSL 3.0 isn't anywhere close to 3.0. So I might opt for the 768 and 19.99/month.

I know the Ultimate freedom bundle will knock $27 off your bill totals. However, your DSL will cost $37/month and phone will be $44/month.

Still, I will save $40/month, 480/yr using ultimate bundle. I just wonder how much slower DSL will be - probably not enough for me to worry about. I will call them this evening. I do look forward to telling comcast where to go. :D

One of the problems I heard is that sometime the DSL 3.0 isn't anywhere close to 3.0. So I might opt for the 768 and 19.99/month.

I know the Ultimate freedom bundle will knock $27 off your bill totals. However, your DSL will cost $37/month and phone will be $44/month.

Still, I will save $40/month, 480/yr using ultimate bundle. I just wonder how much slower DSL will be - probably not enough for me to worry about. I will call them this evening. I do look forward to telling comcast where to go. :D

Well I did it. I got the ultimate bundle. I'm saving even more than I thought because DSL is $32, not month to month @ $37.

Once it's up and running...bye bye comcast.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts