Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Today AT&T announced they have canceled their annual retailer event called "Revolution" which was supposed to happen in Las Vegas in May. The blamed the cancellation on the Corona Virus.

DISH Networks Team Summit event is scheduled the week after DIRECTV was supposed to have theirs, and it was also in Las Vegas. No word yet out of DISH if the show will be canceled or not.

Reactions: navychop
What an easy "excuse" for them to not have their crappy little convention that has gotten crappier each and every year. And what happened to them saying they would never, ever go back to Vegas?

What an easy "excuse" for them to not have their crappy little convention that has gotten crappier each and every year. And what happened to them saying they would never, ever go back to Vegas?
Not really an excuse. Several large tech companies have cancelled upcoming events.
My company just cut off domestic and international air travel and my wife who works for the second largest bank in the US just did the same

Today AT&T announced they have canceled their annual retailer event called "Revolution" which was supposed to happen in Las Vegas in May. The blamed the cancellation on the Corona Virus.

DISH Networks Team Summit event is scheduled the week after DIRECTV was supposed to have theirs, and it was also in Las Vegas. No word yet out of DISH if the show will be canceled or not.

Look at it this way, early registration ended on March 2nd and they cancel the event March 3rd.

There was 400 residential dealers in my region 2 years ago. This time last year, there where 95, I would imagine that number be even lower now.

I was planning on going, but was not going to register till sometime later this month.

No way I was spending $1000 for 3 nights at caesars palace at $200/nite plus a $300 registration fee 2 months before the event.

I’ll tell you what it was. Nobody signed up for early registration. Why have an event when only 200 people might show up.

Hopefully Dish cancels theirs also, and maybe I won’t feel so bad.

But this was definitely the last revolution. I can’t see them doing this again next year.

Conferences like these are an anachronism in today's world of web, email and videoconferencing. They are all dying, look at how far CES has fallen in the past decade, it won't be around by the end of the decade.

Not really an excuse. Several large tech companies have cancelled upcoming events.
My company just cut off domestic and international air travel and my wife who works for the second largest bank in the US just did the same

I wished you could smell sarcasm on the interweb. I have some disdain for AT&T and this was an opportunity to bash them. Revolution was a decent conference until AT&T got involved. Last year was the first year I didn't attend in about 10 years. AT&T decided the smaller DTV dealers that helped grow the business since the Pegasus days were not worth working with and therefore didn't even invite them. I was asked by my distributor if I wanted to go (absolutely no co-op at all for exhorbitant conference fee and extremely inflated room rates) and it was a great big "negative" from me.

Look at it this way, early registration ended on March 2nd and they cancel the event March 3rd.

There was 400 residential dealers in my region 2 years ago. This time last year, there where 95, I would imagine that number be even lower now.

I was planning on going, but was not going to register till sometime later this month.

No way I was spending $1000 for 3 nights at caesars palace at $200/nite plus a $300 registration fee 2 months before the event.

I’ll tell you what it was. Nobody signed up for early registration. Why have an event when only 200 people might show up.

Hopefully Dish cancels theirs also, and maybe I won’t feel so bad.

But this was definitely the last revolution. I can’t see them doing this again next year.

The reason why there were so few dealers is that AT&T dropped all but the most elite ones as well as the ones who were not mobile centric in their business model. Why pay residuals when you can keep the money to help pay for your losses?

The last two times it was at caesars I stayed across the street at harrahs for 25 bucks a night. First year they let me use co-op for airfare and registration. second year they refused since I didn't pay $225 a night at their hotel thru them when online you could book for $95.

Not a great loss. They stopped having decent comedians five years ago anyways. :)

I wished you could smell sarcasm on the interweb. I have some disdain for AT&T and this was an opportunity to bash them. Revolution was a decent conference until AT&T got involved. Last year was the first year I didn't attend in about 10 years. AT&T decided the smaller DTV dealers that helped grow the business since the Pegasus days were not worth working with and therefore didn't even invite them. I was asked by my distributor if I wanted to go (absolutely no co-op at all for exhorbitant conference fee and extremely inflated room rates) and it was a great big "negative" from me.

I didn’t go last year for the first time also after loosing my residential dealership.

Considering there is zero discussion about commercial except for a few break out sessions, and all they wanted to talk about was their sh!tty cell phone service, I decided not to go.

The fact I don’t think coop was offered this year made a difference.

Back in the day, I remember getting on a chartered jet blue flight from Chicago to New Orleans for FREE. They even comped my room for volunteering on their day of service.

Will the last person to leave Las Vegas please turn off the lights.

That might take a while....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)