posted in another thread

who cares

Really!!! Why not use the bandwidth for TNT HD??????

LOBO2999 said:
who cares

As I said in another thread, this is DirecTV's version of the Bingo channel

but at least a bing channel would change the programming (always new numbers to draw). With this channel everytime I tune to it it's always the same blonde chick singing (and probably the same song!)!

rtt2 said:

rtt2 said:

As I said in another thread... This is too funny...

I e-mailed D* yesterday about what a waste of bandwidth CD USA was. Why not add something viewers want like TNT HD. This was D*'s response:
"Additionally, while DIRECTV doesn't have an agreement with TNT HD right now, we are in discussions with them and we hope to add TNT HD to our lineup soon. I don't have a date to give you yet, but stay tuned to DIRECTV.com/HDTV for the latest news and announcements as they become available". Yeah, I wont hold my breath.

Pretty much a form letter response for me too. Notice how they don't mention the CD-USA channel. I think they might be getting a lot of negative feedback about it. I had asked how they justified adding that channel as opposed to more requested HD channels like TNT-HD and NGC-HD.

-JustBob

DirecTV response:

Thanks for writing. While we don't carry TNT-HD or National Geographic HD right now we often add programming based on customer requests, and I have forwarded your request to DIRECTV management.

As you might imagine, high-definition channels are some of the most expensive ones for us to carry, both in terms of what we pay the networks to distribute their programming and the technology we use to deliver them. As a result, the price per channel in this package is higher than most of our other packages.

However, we believe that our pricing is quite competitive with what others are charging for HD service. DISH Network charges $9.99/mo. for its HD Pak, and many cable companies require a subscription to a digital tier of service, in addition to $2-$10/mo. for rental of a high-definition receiver.

We're committed to providing the best in HDTV programming and we're in constant discussions with program providers to continue adding new channels and programming.

Stay tuned to DIRECTV.com/HDTV for the latest news and announcements as they become available.

This channel is just like Voom's MOVE. Except, i think MOVE was more interesting. Complete waste of bandwidth.

PS. Did anyone watch the Heat vs Suns Last night? The PQ was horrible. When the images didnt move (hard to do when watching basketball) it was better, but as they moved they go totally out of focus. I guess directv didnt test the compression on all sources. It was also doing this. Everything 30-60 seconds it was almost like it was in a slower then normal motion then it was ok, and kept repeating. I tried another Tv and had the same issue so it wasnt my equipment.

Yeah, my form letter response was similar..

"Thank you for writing. I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with our service. Our goal is to provide a wide variety of programming in order to appeal to the broadest audience possible. We understand that not everyone will like each program. However, our ongoing research tells us that most customers agree with us, and like being able to choose from so many viewing options."

Yeah...right...

So what would you expect? Did you think Rupert Murdock was gonna call you back and redress your grievances with you? It's a big F***ing company. I'm really looking forward to CD USA having some cool bands/artists (As opposed to "shake that Laffy Taffy" ) the crap that is on right now. I think it will get better. All this "Waahhh...Meow...." I hear that from my f***in cat, please"....I love instant gratification as much as the next guy, but...

They've mad such a big deal about it, and its the same silly show played OVER and OVER for 4 days, then 3 days off. Wow, I am so glad they added this.

JeffreyDJ said:
They've mad such a big deal about it, and its the same silly show played OVER and OVER for 4 days, then 3 days off. Wow, I am so glad they added this.

Yep, and on top of the bandwidth they are wasting with this continuous HD loop, think of the amount of money they are spending on producing a live show each week. They admitted in their press release that it costs a lot of money to produce a live show like this.

Now, think of the real programming that they could have bought with that same money and the bandwidth they would have to show that programming if they were paying attention to what their subscribers (especially the folks who pay extra for HD) really are asking for.

Lets just look at who is spending money on HD. It isn't someone who is watching CD-USA. D* just screwed up and now they can't admit that they made a mistake. When I called about another issue and mentioned CD-USA the CSR got REALLY defensive in a big hurry. I guess she had been taking a lot of heat.

DIRECTV can use this as an excuse for not adding MHD

I must admit, I watch this in HD once a week...kinda like American Bandstand with annoying hosts instead of Dick Clark...

Interesting...we watched the game last night and we thought the picture was great. I did not see any artifacts or any blurriness related to motion.

Alan Lackey said:
Interesting...we watched the game last night and we thought the picture was great. I did not see any artifacts or any blurriness related to motion.

Not looking closely enough

I really should have started a new thread but... CD USA is a lot better now than when it started... I usually put it on as filler though when I am online...

Status
Please reply by conversation.