DirecTV Contract Lies - Need Assistance

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It never ceases to amaze me that people want to own a receiver. What are you going to do when it fails and you own a $300 boat anchor? A failed receiver will be replaced by D* for a $19.95 shipping charge but you will get no credit for the one you bought. A landlord can not prevent you from installing a dish as long as you have a private use area to put it. See this link: FCC Fact Sheet on Placement of Antennas Just make sure the place you rent has a south facing exposure.

I know about the FCC laws, but if your renting a room in a home, my area is just the room ;). I had a receiver for 2.5 years before and never had any issues with it. I had DTV years ago with receivers and never had any issues with them. I dunno what people do to break them, other then cramming them into a tight, low flow area and they overheat.

And even better, what do people expect to do with the receiver after they cancel service? It's as if you tried to call Charter to buy a Scientific Atlanta box that you could keep after you cancel cable.

As I stated, I will only be living in that place for short time, where I may then move into my own place where I will use the box again.

I know about the FCC laws, but if your renting a room in a home, my area is just the room ;). I had a receiver for 2.5 years before and never had any issues with it. I had DTV years ago with receivers and never had any issues with them. I dunno what people do to break them, other then cramming them into a tight, low flow area and they overheat.
Things man made , Things electronic, things fail. I had bought a Samsung OTA STB I used for a month then carefully parked it while still working and a year later it went fizz-whap when I went use it again.

Over the years (many) I have had cable, and Sat-PrimeStar, Direct, Voom, and Dish. Every single one had failed boxs numerous times . And mine are in a cooled rack. TG they where all leased.

I would have been grateful for the leased "mistake" had I bought (which I would not) a previously owned receiver used or not. Like Others have said here you could get a ETF waiver. Sometimes "just for the sake of principle" can get expensive. Good luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.