Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
just happened to see this while in "all" guide

The following channels have a -1 that says basically if a deal isnt reached by 11/1 some FSN networks will be dropped. This doesnt affect Fox affiliates or Fox News

stations that show this slate
646-1 FS SOUTH
649-1 SPORTSSOUTH
653-1 SUNSHINE
654-1 FS FLORIDA
660-2 FS OHIO
661-2 FS CINCY
663-1 FS DETROIT
668-1 FS NORTH
671-1 FS MIDWEST
676-1 FS SOUTHWEST
686-1 FS ARIZONA
692-1 FS WEST
694-1 PRIME TICKET

Also assume the part time ones would go too....like I say its just in the guide right now. I wont worry until maybe a week from Monday (Halloweenie) ;)

If you dont remember, they had an issue with YES that was gonna be dropped day after opening day...and it never did (they had a week extra and reached an agreement) so I'm not worried :)

I guess its more than that. Also on these channels

FX
National Geographic Channel
Speed Channel
Fox Soccer Channel
Fox Movie Channel
Fox Deportes
FuelTV

hope not. The last dispute was with YES and that was never pulled. They worked out last minute deal

Well, YES isn't owned by FOX and it seems over the last couple years, FOX has been a$$holes when it comes to raising rates for their programming. First it was cablevision, then Dish and now it seems to be D*'s turn. Hopefully everything works out for the best.

I guess its more than that. Also on these channels

FX
National Geographic Channel
Speed Channel
Fox Soccer Channel
Fox Movie Channel
Fox Deportes
FuelTV
Was kind of hoping to see Nat Geo Wild to be involved as well. Maybe FOX would've forced D* to add it in HD.:D Besides Fox Movie channel, D* already has these in HD so nothing much to hope for on the HD front.

I found this article kind of interesting considering the situation going on between both parties.
DirecTV Threatens to Pull Fox Networks Amid Carriage Dispute - The Hollywood Reporter
"They have given us no chance to respond before taking an unnecessarily aggressive posture and going public," Fox said.

DirecTV has told Fox Networks that it will drop the channels Nov. 1 if the two companies don't come to an agreement in the ongoing carriage dispute.
Fox said late Thursday that it has offered an extend during the ongoing negotiations but that DirecTV "has informed us and their customers that unless we agree to their demands, they 'will suspend our networks on Nov. 1.'"
Fox added that DirecTV sent a proposal out Tuesday.
"They have given us no chance to respond before taking an unnecessarily aggressive posture and going public," Fox Networks said in a statement. "It is disappointing that they have chosen bad faith tactics over meaningful negotiation.
"We have proposed to keep the Fox Networks on DirecTV for the same price, and on the same terms as they are currently carried while we attempt to work out a fair agreement. Unfortunately, DirecTV has decided that unless they get their way, they are going to pull the plug on their customers Nov. 1."

Hell. I feel like I'm back at Dish with Charlie!!
Would hate to lose my RSN and FX.
RSN hd was my primary reason for the switch back.

Thanks Directv:(
This is not the way you play poker!!
Sorry Charlie. Couldn't resist.

Fox says it has proposed to allow DirecTV to continue to carry its networks for the current price and terms while negotiations continue. "Unfortunately, DirecTV has decided that unless they get their way, they are going to pull the plug on their customers Nov. 1."

The thing is, by Directv (threatening to) yank the channels first, it's a pre-emptive strike against Fox. It gives Directv the upper hand in the negotiations. Fox is getting ballsy because they were able to basically extort huge hikes out of Cablevision, Comcast, TWC, and Dish by pulling the channels off those providers and holding them hostage, and now they want to try it with Directv. Except it seems like Mike White has the balls to stand up against Fox and tell them no we're not paying a 40% hike, rather than bend over and take it up the keister like Charlie, Brian Roberts, Glenn Britt, and the Dolans did. If you let one company walk all over you, they're ALL going to do it (I know ABC and Scripps [HGTV/Food Network/et al] have both bent Cablevision over before Fox did).

Last edited by a moderator:
It's just the usual posturing between two companies that have more money than sense.

what about the champions league games?

Will the Champions league games? I think that Fox Soccer licensed those to DTV, but I'm not sure...

Bahahha! My thoughts on that subject are bound to piss off a lot of people here so I'll keep it to myself

Last edited by a moderator:
Directv prolly had "sweetheart deals" with Fox when Rupert owned both...Now Fox is telling D* to pony up the cash

removed the political part of the post and the responses

crap like that doesn't belong in a thread like this. Lets keep it on topic with the developments of the contract

Directv prolly had "sweetheart deals" with Fox when Rupert owned both...Now Fox is telling D* to pony up the cash

But unlike your precious DIsh that just drops the channel Directv will work it out

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts