DirecTV Current Receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Slimfoot

Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
This past year I specified DISH Network almost exclusively for new subscribing customers. I preferred the addressable boxes, power discreets, and IR compatibility with MX-850 remotes. The move to the two tuner box, DISH RF only for the second TV, has me now leaning more toward DirecTV. Also DirecTV now offers XM radio, which most of my customers prefer.
My question is pertaining to the current DirecTV hardware. Is it all branded DirecTV, with one manufacturer making all the boxes, hence all the same IR codes? MX-Editor lists code 173 as the only available code and there appears to be power discreets. I don’t believe the DirecTV boxes are addressable, so I assume the MRF-300 would solve that problem. Also, is the current DirecTV DVR a TiVo product or DirecTV’s own version?
The folks at Remote Central referred me to this forum. This is my first post.
Slim

They're all manufactured by different companies -- but the IR codes are generally the same.

There are several remote styles currently in use, but the D10, R15, H10 and H20 all use the same style of remote, and thus, same codes.
http://www.directv.com/learn/pdf/Remote_Controls/universal_remote_user_guide_new.pdf

The Current DirecTV DVR is the R15, and not a TiVo. It's still better than the Dish 522. Placing an order directly with DirecTV will usually end up in a crapshoot. R10, the last TiVo on DirecTV, is still given out by some local installers, and may continue to be until they run out of inventory. Ordering from a reseller will give you better results..

H

Your only complication maybe with RF remotes. The H20 currently is selectable for Rf OR IR it dosen't output both at the same time and the R15 is supposed to get that option. Unlike DISH you can't stack several receivers and assign different remote codes currently only 2 codes are supported I believe.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)