Directv Customers Decrease

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I thinking about switching to dish. Been directv customers a long time.

Yep, people forget that DirecTV had some of the best customer services out there before ATT purchased DirecTV, and was one of the only services to keep adding subs when others were bleeding. This all is a thing of the past.
Wait a minute ...
I believe we heard the same storys about how bad D* customer service was for many years ... or is that just peoples way of bitching.
That was Long before ATT had anything to do with it .... did it suddenly get Great and now gone to hell ?

I think its good when you get what you want and people bitch when they don't.

directv used to be the best before AT&T bought them out. now there the worst with rude customer service.
Ya know what ...
The very SAME people are working today that were working before the buy out.

ATT didn't come in and close down every call center and replace them with thier employees .... that would be suicide.

Worst rude customer service ?
You'll have to explain yourself, are you talking about those in the call centers or those that come to the home to work at your residence or just who ....
Thats a really broad brush your using stating that about a WORLDWIDE MAJOR COMPANY.

Curious, how long have you had Directv ?

Ya know what ...

ATT didn't come in and close down every call center and replace them with thier employees .... that would be suicide.

You'll have to explain yourself, are you talking about those in the call centers or those that come to the home to work at your residence or just who ....
Thats a really broad brush your using stating that about a WORLDWIDE MAJOR COMPANY.

I think its more a price issue

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

I think its more a price issue

Thats on him then, he agreed to the price when he signed up.

To go out and say a company is rude with no further info is just plain ....

That has nothing to do with a price issue .... he thinks the company is rude because they wouldn't give him discounts or free ST probably.

People don't realize this, but when you get discounts, they are nice, but you only get so many discounts on your account, then they stop ...
My guess is he's piussed because they stopped ...

They stop for alot of reasons .... they gave you the allotted amount available ...
Your credit history also has a lot to do with it .... if your a long time sub, you should get more, but not always ... back to what you've already got.
Do you pay your bill every month ... in full and ON TIME ...

Just because he didn't get what he demanded .... :sobstory

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Ya know what ...

i don't have DTV now but everytime when i wanted to sign up it was someone in a third world country i never got and american when signing up for service

I recently used their chat for customer service and it was great.

I find DTV chat is usually really good too. In the few times I’ve had trouble, I just wait a while and chat with someone else.

Yep, people forget that DirecTV had some of the best customer services out there before ATT purchased DirecTV, and was one of the only services to keep adding subs when others were bleeding. This all is a thing of the past.
Part of the "Bleeding" is due to now having about 6 different platforms to offer .... They need to pair it down to about 3.
Granted they are losing subs, but who isn't ?
Before you say so and so isn't ... look at more than the current month.

Part of the "Bleeding" is due to now having about 6 different platforms to offer .... They need to pair it down to about 3.
There big thing is sports..and people are just not willing to fork over as much cash as they have in the past...for all sports

They should just pair it down to the DirecTv brand period. Have a DirecTv over IP service and the DBS service. For ‘cord cutters’ offer DirecTV Now type packages on DirecTV IP. Make the channel offerings the same (as best as can be contractually negotiated).
Perhaps have something exclusive to the DBS side to position it as the ‘premier’ product offering.

They should just pair it down to the DirecTv brand period. Have a DirecTv over IP service and the DBS service. For ‘cord cutters’ offer DirecTV Now type packages on DirecTV IP. Make the channel offerings the same (as best as can be contractually negotiated).
Perhaps have something exclusive to the DBS side to position it as the ‘premier’ product offering.
I agree with you. AT&T has too many TV services like Jimbo said and they are competing with each other. I think merge DTV over IP and DTV Now into just DTV over IP and also have DTV over DBS. They could make the DTV Now interface be just like DTV over DBS. With the DTV over IP service they could have channel packages from $15 to $90. The $15 one would be like WatchTV but not use that name. The $90 one would have all the DTV channels.

I don't think AT&T sees having overlapping services as a problem. From their perspective better to have too many than not enough, which would leave cracks where customers won't fit. Once they have Directv over IP and AT&T Watch going (if isn't already?) they will have something for every customer - multiple somethings for some.

Obviously modern companies don't see this as an issue, or we wouldn't see a dozen different choices from Colgate and another dozen from Crest when shopping for toothpaste.

Reactions: Jimbo
I don't think AT&T sees having overlapping services as a problem. From their perspective better to have too many than not enough, which would leave cracks where customers won't fit. Once they have Directv over IP and AT&T Watch going (if isn't already?) they will have something for every customer - multiple somethings for some.

Obviously modern companies don't see this as an issue, or we wouldn't see a dozen different choices from Colgate and another dozen from Crest when shopping for toothpaste.
What about AT&T needing to have a separate channel contracts for each of their services because of their name and the type of service? Wouldn't that get expensive? Unless they would eventually be able to get it down to one channel contract for all their services? However their channel contracts expire at different times between the services.

Reactions: harshness
I think thats where its heading, but its gonna take some time to get there.

What about AT&T needing to have a separate channel contracts for each of their services because of their name and the type of service? Wouldn't that get expensive? Unless they would eventually be able to get it down to one channel contract for all their services? However their channel contracts expire at different times between the services.

I'm sure they can work that out, given their size.

This is my 21st year. Keep trying really hard to stop switching between DirecTV, to FireTV, and LG WebOS for OTA, OTT, Netflix, Prime, and Vudu. Tried HTPC, Shield, Stream+ (yikes), Plex hardware and DirecTV Now, PSVue, Hulu, the rest escape me. Can OTA all my locals, have Ethernet everywhere, and gigabit Internet. Not a single platform in my opinion beats DirecTV for picture and sound quality, interface, and DVR, and overall utility. My AM21n is again alive so I can now DVR OTA again. My only complaint is there are no integrated apps primarily Netflix and Prime. Rain fade was a problem this summer especially with Flo and Mike. Very rude guests. My deal-breaking complaint against the others is always the lack of surround sound. BTW broadcast 5.1 came out 20 years ago. I know that is trickling out slowly and DirecTV Sat and Now appear to have some things on the horizon that will keep me on board. I would really love to swap my RG6 for Cat6. That would be a huge start.

All those are branded as Crest or Colgate though. No confusion about the product, it’s toothpaste, the different ‘choices’ are ‘packages’ in television.

There big thing is sports..and people are just not willing to fork over as much cash as they have in the past...for all sports

I agree ...
However, people are still watching ... and paying ...
It would be nice if the rates were cut in half, but thats wishful thinking.

I think the other thing is the young people are not into sports as much as generations before them, thats also dropping sports subs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)