DirecTV denies Tornado rumor

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
It was not Directv's fault that the people's homes were leveled but it does give Directv bad publicity as a big company that can afford to take the loss a lot more than someone that just lost everything that they had. Yes, home owner's insurance should cover this if that is what home owner's insurance covers (don't you have to have tornado insurance or does high wind on the policy include tornado?).

Is Dish Network taking the same action as Directv in regards to this? Why is Dish Network not getting negative publicity from this? I remember seeing an ad on Dish Network with helping Katrina victims setting up satellite systems and so forth for them.

I feel bad for the retailers in that area. I am sure they will go bankrupt due to all the chargebacks. Heck, they will probably get a big bill. Makes you wonder just how many would go back to satellite that decide to rebuild there. The thing is, it would take a while to build the cable infrastructure back so satellite would be the only choice. They would probably just switch providers.

It was not Directv's fault that the people's homes were leveled but it does give Directv bad publicity as a big company that can afford to take the loss a lot more than someone that just lost everything that they had. Yes, home owner's insurance should cover this if that is what home owner's insurance covers (don't you have to have tornado insurance or does high wind on the policy include tornado?).

Is Dish Network taking the same action as Directv in regards to this? Why is Dish Network not getting negative publicity from this? I remember seeing an ad on Dish Network with helping Katrina victims setting up satellite systems and so forth for them.

I feel bad for the retailers in that area. I am sure they will go bankrupt due to all the chargebacks. Heck, they will probably get a big bill. Makes you wonder just how many would go back to satellite that decide to rebuild there. The thing is, it would take a while to build the cable infrastructure back so satellite would be the only choice. They would probably just switch providers.

Have we heard ANYTHING from DISH, good OR Bad regarding this ?
I haven't, so to ask why DISH isn't getting bad pub, if they haven't said anything they shouldn't get ANY pub from it.
D* is not getting bad pub either, read the statement that they posted, they should get GOOD pub if anything.

Come on!!! We all know that this is only being posted the way it was to bad-mouth the big bad corporation regardless of the facts really were. If ANY of these people actually ran a company or run their own companies CORRECTLY; this would be a non-issue. ANYWAY; It's not a company's responsibility to take of you; it's YOUR responsibility.

Come on!!! We all know that this is only being posted the way it was to bad-mouth the big bad corporation regardless of the facts really were. If ANY of these people actually ran a company or run their own companies CORRECTLY; this would be a non-issue. ANYWAY; It's not a company's responsibility to take of you; it's YOUR responsibility.

It might not be their responsibility, but in times of hardships it is beneficial for large corporations to be charitable, and compassionate.

For example, I believe I read Walmart and Home Depot are donating 1 million dollars each, and DIxons, the grocery store is donating a half million. And they all lost their OWN stores entirely, and took a direct financial loss, unlike Direct. That kind of generosity goes a long way.

I can agree, BUT the point was that most people say its and expect responsibility, and its not, and as we have learned once the true facts came out; they were being to AHOLES over it; it was simply rumor-mongering without the details.

as I stated "posted in the way it was"

Affected homeowners and renters need to claim any loss of equipment to their insurance company.
When my house was burglarized Allstate Ins told me that leased satellite equipment is not covered by homeowners insurance and this was from the claims dept. not from a agent.

Ok here is the deal.

As you all know it all in who you get I cant control every agent on the floor across all the call centers.

Joplin is considered a natural diaster and hence plays by difference rules now now everyone reads there emails apparently or updates in our reference system about how we are not going to hold them responsable for the equipment. But I figured that all of you know better then to think that we would charge nrfs to people in joplin.

Yes, home owner's insurance should cover this if that is what home owner's insurance covers (don't you have to have tornado insurance or does high wind on the policy include tornado?).

Tornado is a natural disaster. There is no separate 'tornado insurance'. The only natural disasters that are handled separately are earthquakes (on my policy it's covered but at a different deductible) and floods (not covered at all, separate policy needed). But anything else - high winds blow the windows out, hail trashes the roof, wildfire burns it down, or a tornado blows it away - is covered. I also have a hard time believing that a policy wouldn't cover the 'leased' equipment. It's in the house, it was stolen (by person or wind), and even though you don't own it you're responsible for its replacement, so why wouldn't they cover it? That's like saying they wouldn't cover a leased car if it got stolen or otherwise damaged.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)