directv dish use for dish network

bustanish

Original poster
Oct 9, 2005
I have a directv dish that hasnt been used for about 8 years and its still on my roof and I recently decided to get dish network, so i was wondering if i needed to get a new dish for my roof, a new lnb, or what i needed. I just dont want to have to go onto my roof to change the dish and rewire if i dont have to. I have a dish network reciever, and also a card for it.

The dish net installer will put in a new dish and install it himself, if you want him to use the existing mount he may be able to if there is a clear line of site from that spot and the existing mount is secure.

thanks for the reply but i am not having the installer come because i have the dish service at my previous house and i just want to move my reciever so that my new location will have service. this will cost me money to have the installer come out and install a new dish. so should i just buy a new lnb or a complete new dish and install it myself?

bustanish said:
thanks for the reply but i am not having the installer come because i have the dish service at my previous house and i just want to move my reciever so that my new location will have service. this will cost me money to have the installer come out and install a new dish. so should i just buy a new lnb or a complete new dish and install it myself?

I suggest to call the local guy and have it done right... You are opening a possible can of wwaa...

An old single or dual LNBF DirecTV Dish isn't going to work for you unless you have an older DISH (legacy) receiver and only care about getting the AT60 package.

You should qualify for the DISHmover program which would get you a new DISH 500 professionaly installed for no more than $50 (or maybe even free) with a 12-month agreement for at least AT60 or $99 without an agreement.

Ask your original dealer or call DISH.

It would cost just as much to have dishnetwork send a tech out as it would to buy the correct dish and have it mounted. In fact it would be probaly cheaper. DirecTv uses 1 sat for most of it's programming while Dish Network uses 2 or more depending on where you live.

You would have to climb the roof anyway to change the elevation and azmuth. I agree with the other post. Call Dishnetwork or your local installer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts