DirecTV DNS Moving to MPEG4

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I assume the LA feeds for those DNS subs out west are on D10, since they are up now. The NY feeds will most likely go on D11, unless channels get moved between the 2 satellites once D11 is up and operational. No idea when they will start the East Coast DNS move, but sometime after D11 launch would seem like a good guess.

I'm very satellite illiterate. I don't even know what DNS means....but if I only have the 3 LNB Dish, SD receivers -- will this transition to MPEG 4 affect me in the next year? I'm on the east coast.

I'm very satellite illiterate. I don't even know what DNS means....but if I only have the 3 LNB Dish, SD receivers -- will this transition to MPEG 4 affect me in the next year? I'm on the east coast.

No, since the move to mpeg4 is only for the hd channels.

5 lnb antenna

DNS isn't going away. It is just the ability to be able to get them with the older D* equipment. You'll have to get the 5 LNB dish and HD receiver/HD DVR to continue to receive them.

What's going away is the MPEG2 version which will be replace with MPEG-4 versions that will be coming from D*'s new D10 satellite which requires the new equipment to see and decode.

How are us truck drivers going to mount a 5 LNB dish ant on top of a truck??

How are us truck drivers going to mount a 5 LNB dish ant on top of a truck??

Unless I've missed something all they're moving now is the HD LA feeds, the SD feeds will stay where they're at. So if you have HD in your rig then you have a problem but if it's SD you'll still be OK.

Unless I've missed something all they're moving now is the HD LA feeds, the SD feeds will stay where they're at. So if you have HD in your rig then you have a problem but if it's SD you'll still be OK.

Correct, only thing moving is LA feeds in HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts