DirecTV DTV36EDS (for FTA) [A review]

Status
Please reply by conversation.

techno935

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
Pompano Beach, FL
As discussed in a previous thread, I had asked about the quality of an eliptical 36" from DirecTV for FTA use on G10. I received the dish today and I was very happy with the signal stability for G10. The 11720 mux now stays stable with no problems.

The dish boasts the ability to receive 101 west and 95 west. This is a 6 degree spacing, which makes good for a G10/G27 combo.

The LNB for 95 west is now aimed at G10. I plan on adding another LNB to see how well White Springs shows up. (G27)

Other combos can be established that involve 6 degrees of spacing on the bracket provided with the dish.

(72/79) (79/85) (83/89) (85/91) (87/93) (89/95) etc. etc. Obviously combos can be established with DBS birds as well. Hence the intended use, 95 and 101.

36x24 molded Channel Master?

It comes with two linear LNBs ?
I thought the LNB for 101 was circular.

Did a Google search, all that came up were a lot of folks selling that dish on eBay.
A bunch of 'em must've hit the surplus market. (obsolete for DirecTV use?)
I guess as long as the price plus shipping isn't too high, it makes a good starter dish.
I really like the molded Channel Master dishes, compared to most any stamped metal dish.

As for WhiteSprings , it's not much of a challenge.
(see their power distribution map)
I've said before that you can get it on a spoon and a popsicle stick. :cool:
...and a little bitty dish (begin at post #24)...

Direct TV Dish...

As discussed in a previous thread, I had asked about the quality of an eliptical 36" from DirecTV for FTA use on G10. I received the dish today and I was very happy with the signal stability for G10. The 11720 mux now stays stable with no problems.

(72/79) (79/85) (83/89) (85/91) (87/93) (89/95) etc. etc. Obviously combos can be established with DBS birds as well. Hence the intended use, 95 and 101.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/International-Sa...ryZ32841QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Is this the same Dish???? I would guess these LNBs are circular.?? No??? If not, I imagine I could mount a couple of standard LNBs on there..

Is this the same Dish???? I would guess these LNBs are circular.?? No??? If not, I imagine I could mount a couple of standard LNBs on there..

Yes, that is the same dish. The 95 LNB (linear) has a small throat size, (smaller than 40mm) and is made specifically for one of those Eagle Aspen Ku feed horns. The other throat size is bit more standard which allows for an Invacom or other LNBs as well.

I forgot to explain that one is linear and the other is circular. I'll most likely replace the circular with a liner for White Springs. Unless if something special shows up on 129 (the DSS side) then I'll stick with linear for White Springs.

Noticed that the J-pipe mount for this particular dish is rather thick, heavy, and does not use carriage bolts (the type that lock into a square shaped position). Not recommended for a first time user unless you know what you are doing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)