DirecTV DVR Options

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Davis

Original poster
Aug 18, 2008
What options do I have for a DVR besides DirecTV's DRV? I haven't been able to find a Tivo available for Sat yet. I don't want a DirecTV DVR because I will be locked into another 2 year agreement and I refuse to do that.

Please tell me I have other options. Otherwise I may just break my contract and go back to Comcrap.

What options do I have for a DVR besides DirecTV's DRV? I haven't been able to find a Tivo available for Sat yet. I don't want a DirecTV DVR because I will be locked into another 2 year agreement and I refuse to do that.

Please tell me I have other options. Otherwise I may just break my contract and go back to Comcrap.

Sorry, it's DirecTV DVR's or nothing.

Ah shoot. My first question and I am shot down.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I still have no idea why people worship at the TiVO alter? Seriously, is it due to its name only? I have both a TiVO and an HR20 and I prefer my HR20 over the TiVO, hands down. The HR20 is easier to navigate, much more interactive, has many more short cuts, and the interface is much more user friendly. There is one and only one thing that the TiVO has an advantage over Direct's DVRs and that is the live duel buffers.

I have never had a Tivo. The only reason I threw out that name is because I don't know of another DRV service unless I make setup my own using a computer.

I don't know why you threw your post in but I assume you have an axe to grind with Tivo. Otherwise it didn't serve a purpose.

Tivo vs. Directv DVR

I have owned both. If I could make a new DVR I would install Tivo's remote control/programming/user interface with DTV's hardware. I miss some of Tivo's features. I currently own the HR20-100 with a external 1 TB HD, it's ok.

I have never had a Tivo. The only reason I threw out that name is because I don't know of another DRV service unless I make setup my own using a computer.

I don't know why you threw your post in but I assume you have an axe to grind with Tivo. Otherwise it didn't serve a purpose.
Sorry, didn't mean to come off so harshly.

I have owned both. If I could make a new DVR I would install Tivo's remote control/programming/user interface with DTV's hardware. I miss some of Tivo's features. I currently own the HR20-100 with a external 1 TB HD, it's ok.
What is it about the interface that you prefer?

What is it about the interface that you prefer?

The Tivo Guide is far and away more useable to scroll multiple channels over a period of time. Can't be any qrguement on that. the DLB and the guide are what I miss the most.

As far as "newbs" go, the Tivo was far easier for my kids and wife to use as well. Now, don't get me wrong, the HR-20 I have works perfectly well, but I find myself answering more questions.

I don't understand why we get into these arguements, when it's like arguing if you like Ford or Chevy better. They're boith cars that do a job roughly in the same way, but people are always going to prefer one over the other .

I happen to prefer the Tivo, but I'm also happy with the HR-20.

DITTO the above; I say its like ice cream; we all simply may like different flavors but receive the same great enjoyment. Most of the differences are simply minor user preferences along with some learning curves; but true function is nearly the same; you can't go wrong either way.

The Tivo Guide is far and away more useable to scroll multiple channels over a period of time. Can't be any qrguement on that. the DLB and the guide are what I miss the most.

As far as "newbs" go, the Tivo was far easier for my kids and wife to use as well. Now, don't get me wrong, the HR-20 I have works perfectly well, but I find myself answering more questions.

I don't understand why we get into these arguements, when it's like arguing if you like Ford or Chevy better. They're boith cars that do a job roughly in the same way, but people are always going to prefer one over the other .

I happen to prefer the Tivo, but I'm also happy with the HR-20.
The guide does display more channels at once, but the guide also covers up the show you are currently watching. I prefer to have the show appear as a "PIP" like image as it does on the HR20.

As for me. The TiVO requires too many menus and pages to do simple functions, whereas the HR20 can do many things with one push of the button.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)