directv eliminating standard receivers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
You sure the mailer said July 9th 2018, and not July 9th 2019? I haven't heard of anyone being told they'd lose their locals anytime earlier than April of next year.
I remember seeing a post from someone saying they got word it would be this year, then later got the right info.

It doesn't matter since new customers don't pay extra for HD, and haven't for several years. Anyone who thinks "oh these customers who have been around forever and are paying $10/month for HD shouldn't have to" well you could equally make the argument that if they aren't paying for the first TV so it isn't like they'd save $10 anyway.

How do you know?

I was told by several people who work for dish, directv and Comcast.

The HD technology fee is charged because it’s a fee they do not have to share with the programming provider.

So rather than raise rates $10, and share a few extra percent with the programmers, they add it as a separate fee and give the programmers zero.

I am paying:
$10 for HD
$10 for DVR
$3 for Whole home.

I do not pay $7 for first receiver.

Any suggestions to get this lowered/removed?

I have the premier package and have been with them for 10 years.

I am paying:
$10 for HD
$10 for DVR
$3 for Whole home.

I do not pay $7 for first receiver.

Any suggestions to get this lowered/removed?

I have the premier package and have been with them for 10 years.

nope
as the newer plans have the $7 for first receiver, but they do eliminate the $10 hd

you can always call CS and see if you can get a 'deal'

So new customers pay $7 and I pay $23. $16 extra for being loyal?

New customers pay $22 ($15 "advanced receiver fee" and $7 for the first TV)

There are tons of different price plans though - some people got in on the "up to four TVs free" deal but I don't know if that was a limited time or lifetime.

What you get for being loyal is the ability to call up and get discounts in exchange for extending your contract. Or leave and be a new customer of someone else...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts