Directv H20 reboots constantly

Status
Please reply by conversation.

drewlarsen

Original poster
Jan 28, 2007
I've had the H20 for about 2 weeks now. It reboots every 4-5 minutes on its own. It doesn't seem to matter which channel I'm on. This happens every day up until about 1 pm. After that, everything is ok.

Has anyone else seen this problem? I've seen many posts about H20 reboots but have never seen a solution. Also, I've never seen anyone reference the time of day factor I've seen.

In case it matters, I get Directv from a shared dish in our condo building (12 units in the building).

I also own a HR20 but have not installed it yet. Does this unit have these issues also.

thank you in advance!

I've had the H20 for about 2 weeks now. It reboots every 4-5 minutes on its own. It doesn't seem to matter which channel I'm on. This happens every day up until about 1 pm. After that, everything is ok.

Has anyone else seen this problem? I've seen many posts about H20 reboots but have never seen a solution. Also, I've never seen anyone reference the time of day factor I've seen.

In case it matters, I get Directv from a shared dish in our condo building (12 units in the building).

I also own a HR20 but have not installed it yet. Does this unit have these issues also.

thank you in advance!

Contact DTV....let them know the problem, they will send you out a new one. the only thing is you are in a new contract. I have been through four myself...hopefully this is it for me. They will try at first to send a technician! say No, there is nothing a tech can do. This is the non DVR version?, just want to make sure were talking about the same one

thank you in advance!

With the new software upgrades, your HR20 should be much better than the H20. Is it an H20-600? It seems likely, since they have had alot more issues like the one you describe. The only solution seems to be to send it back and get an H20-100. The tuner isn't as good, but the box is alot more stable. Good luck!

I had the same problem with mine, but it happened every night around 8pm. They sent me a replacement and I have not had that problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts