Directv H20 Reciever issues with OTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

paradisinc

Original poster
Nov 5, 2006
He is my problem,

I have a new H20 Reciever from Directv and an ota terk antenna. After the H20 searches local market channels, I check the signals and they are all decent. 100%, 85% etc. So when I am watching the local stations, the signal drops to 0 for a split second, and then back. I can watch tv, but every minute or so I lose signal, but comes right back. If I DO NOT run the OTA through the H20, and straight to my TV, Everything is fine. no problems whatsoever. I would rather go through H20 because the picture is a bit better, and more conveinient. any thoughts?

The H20 has known OTA issues (which is why it is disabled for now on the HR20), an update should fix this, and no, I do not know when it will be updated, it seems not all H20s are affected, so, you can try and have D* send you a replacment unit, and hope you'll get lucky.

So your TV has an ATSC digital tuner? Or are you comparing analog stations on your TV with the digital stations thru your H20? I have an H20 with no OTA problems at all....

I don't know if this will transpire (as it was already supposed to last month) but a tech department rep told me today that the software update for the HR20 that will allow OTA reception will be released Dec. 1.

I don't know if this will transpire (as it was already supposed to last month) but a tech department rep told me today that the software update for the HR20 that will allow OTA reception will be released Dec. 1.

this has been the rumor for quite some time now..;) lets hope it happens and everything works correctly,otherwise peope will be yelling about , why did they turn this on when it isn't working perfectly yet.

JImbo

I've spoken with L2 support reps on several occasions during the past couple of weeks (including this morning). Every time, I ask about the HR20 and OTA... every one of them has said they have no news to report, beyond the HR20 still being on back-order.

Yeah, my TV is HD Ready and picks up the HD signals JUST great, like 98%. For some reason the HD picure appears to look better if it goes through the H20 vs straight to my Sony LCD. I suppose I will call them about an update for the box, or a replacement. The one I have now is a replacement to a Hughes I own. That one wont receive signal at all. Thanks for all the help guys

I just got off the phone with level 2 tech and she said that this has been an ongoing issue and D* has been contacting local Broadcast companies and it is a work in progress. She said it is not just the receiver, but the local tv broadcasts, the antenna, and the receiver.

I think she is nuts, but my hands are tied.

The H20 has known OTA issues (which is why it is disabled for now on the HR20), an update should fix this, and no, I do not know when it will be updated, it seems not all H20s are affected, so, you can try and have D* send you a replacment unit, and hope you'll get lucky.

Mine works just great, the reception is far superior to the H10 and HTL-HD that I was using before. The H20 OTA tuner is stronger, as I not only do I get the Orlando stations, but I occasionally get the Tampa digital stations, which I never received with the other two receivers. I have an H20-100.

Reception of the H20 is good but I sure miss all of the great features of the HTL-HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts