DirecTV HD Channel Lineup

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Cable co's will stay behind until the can fully implement SDV. Most are saying end of this year early next year before it really starts rolling out.

I got my HR20 about 3 weeks ago and I have pronounced myself ready for the new channels with one caviat for D*....

turn em' on them before football and the new fall season on the nets begin so I can spend more time......uh....examining them closely. :)

Cable co's will stay behind until the can fully implement SDV. Most are saying end of this year early next year before it really starts rolling out.

Most cable co DVRs and HD units are so crappy that it wouldn't really matter I figure. I don't regret not paying 13$ to TW for a box anymore. They continually add up charges too. Basic went from 14 a month to 18 in the course of a year back when I had basic just for locals. I was able to drop locals once E* got locals though.

Ultimately it's the cable companies who are the problem. More and more dishes go up here (where cable is plentiful) because of it. Cable can keep talking about "On Demand", but at the end of the day, most of us would probably like common channels in HD instead.

Are any new channels live yet?

Not yet. I saw a post from someone who advised everyone to open their guide to catch the new channels, but I'm going to watch Sat Guys instead.

This forum will explode with posts when the new channels fire up..LOLOL

I agree Scott. There are only 2 people who are inciting others in this thread and it's getting old because they add nothing to the discussion.

Yeah, even E* folks have an interest in this D* HD launch. I've over here in the D* area to discuss this D* issue. Even as a E* customer, I feel free join the discussion without exception.

I too think that E* can keep up with this list. Considering the formidable number of 100 National HD channels by the end of 2007, there had been doubt. But seeing how many of those will be RSNs or premiums, we feel a bit better that the regular channels will at least be within E* limitations.

Why do the RSN's not count as HD channels for you E subs ?

They are HD and channels that I have wanted for a long time now.

What does E*have for RSN 's in HD ?

Jimbo

I don't think they count because you'd have to buy them extra (Multisport, etc.) in order to have them.

I really think it'd be nice if Multisport was included in the Top250, but fat chance of that happening.

I think there's something like 15 RSNs uplinked in HD on E* (at least for major sporting events/games if not entirely).. I don't know which ones they are offhand though.

I agree Scott. There are only 2 people who are inciting others in this thread and it's getting old because they add nothing to the discussion.

Don't be so hard on Questioner.

Why do the RSN's not count as HD channels for you E subs ?

They are HD and channels that I have wanted for a long time now.

What does E*have for RSN 's in HD ?

Jimbo

Are RSN full time national or part time regional?

Are RSN full time national or part time regional?

RSN's are regional, but will be available nationally in hd when D10 lights up. For instance, if you have EI, you will get the Red Sox in hd from NESN outside of the Boston dma.

RSN's are regional, but will be available nationally in hd when D10 lights up. For instance, if you have EI, you will get the Red Sox in hd from NESN outside of the Boston dma.

And that ladies, is what makes them so great, why they do count, and why they count on D* and not on E*. Do you all get it? I can get those games in HD, because of MLB EI and HD access, where as on E* you can't unless you live in that particular area. So yes, E* has some RSN's but those games will be blacked out outside the area.
Just the facts boys, just the facts.

So once again if you want a whole lot of sports =SAy it with me now..... DIRECTV . If you want more premium movies- DISH . Now that we got that all straight , back to the thread.

as it sits right now NESN is in HD only in the Boston Metro DMA on D*.. That's not terribly helpful compared to E* not even having it at all. Neither helps me all that much here in Maine.

The RSN HD games are pretty much professional sports, so you have to subscribe to a special sports package (like NFL-ST/EI/Center Ice/etc) to be able to see them. Most of the time most of the RSNs are just showing upconverted SD on the HD channels. So, during football and baseball games on DIRECTV you will be able to receive more HD RSNs than on Dish if you sub to NFLST and EI. Hockey/NBA are still carried by Dish. So, it is hard to say if one can really count the RSNs as national HD channels, or if you just count them as 1 since you get your local one in HD.

as it sits right now NESN is in HD only in the Boston Metro DMA on D*.. That's not terribly helpful compared to E* not even having it at all. Neither helps me all that much here in Maine.

Looks like we're only a couple of weeks away now. I'm in RI so I'm in the same boat -- should be in the "second wave" of September HD launches, hopefully.

Won't help me unless we're talking about E* unfortunately :). I won't be doing business with D* ever again considering how they wronged me previously.

EDIT: NESN doesn't want to offer to anyone who only wants to do 'partial' feeds, like just for games, it seems.. So unless D* is going to do a 24/7 HD feed, they may hit the same problem E* has.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts