DIRECTV HD DVR Customers Can Now Record And Watch Shows, From Any Room of the House

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
The DIRECTV(R) Whole-Home DVR Service Gives Customers the Power to Share Recorded Programs with up to 15 Televisions

EL SEGUNDO, Calif., Jun 07, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- DIRECTV, the world's most popular video service, is giving customers a virtual HD DVR in any room of the home with the launch of its new DIRECTV(R) Whole-Home DVR service, which is currently available to DIRECTV customers nationwide. In addition, beginning today, DIRECTV is launching a national print, broadcast and online advertising campaign to coincide with the launch of the new service.
With the new multi-room service, customers have even more control over their television viewing experience by being able to share recorded programs on any TV in the home, begin a program in one room and finish it in another, and access DIRECTV's DVR technology on non-DVR HD receivers.
The DIRECTV(R) Whole-Home DVR service eliminates the need for multiple HD DVRs by allowing customers to record and watch their favorite shows in up to 15 rooms in their home with a single HD DVR.
"We've created a connected whole-home service that is perfectly attuned to our customers viewing habits and lifestyles, delivering a DVR experience with maximum convenience and control," said Romulo Pontual, CTO of DIRECTV. "The DIRECTV(R) Whole-Home DVR service truly enables customers to watch what they want, where they want and when they want it, by simply using a single HD DVR."
The DIRECTV(R) Whole-Home DVR service is available for $3 per month and provides customers with features such as:

• Access to a single, combined playlist of all of their recorded programs on any connected television in the home,
  • DVR controls in every room, including record, delete, pause and rewind functionality,
  • Stop a recorded show in one room and continue watching in a different room,
  • Manage DVR playlist from any connected room
  • Set separate parental controls for each TV
  • Watch recorded shows in HD in any connected room
For more information on the DIRECTV(R) Whole-Home DVR service please visit www.directv.com/wholehome or call 1-800-DIRECTV.
About DIRECTV
DIRECTV (NASDAQ: DTV) is the world's most popular video service delivering state-of-the-art technology, unmatched programming, the most comprehensive sports packages available and industry leading customer service to its more than 25.6 million customers in the U.S. and Latin America. In the U.S., DIRECTV offers its 18.6 million customers more than 130 HD channels and Dolby-Digital(R) 5.1 theater-quality sound (when available), access to exclusive sports programming such as NFL SUNDAY TICKET(TM), award winning technology like its DIRECTV(R) DVR Scheduler and higher customer satisfaction than the leading cable companies for nine years running. DIRECTV Latin America, through its subsidiaries and affiliated companies in Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Venezuela, Colombia, and other Latin American countries, leads the pay-TV category in technology, programming and service, delivering an unrivaled digital television experience to 7 million customers. DIRECTV sports and entertainment properties include three Regional Sports Networks (Northwest, Rocky Mountain and Pittsburgh) as well as a 65 percent interest in Game Show Network. For the most up-to-date information on DIRECTV, please call 1-800-DIRECTV or visit directv.com.
Source: DIRECTV e-mail

I know the H2x receivers can be used to schedule a recording on an HR2x, but the way I read this press release, it sounds like if I have two HR2x receivers and have MRV, I can go to HR2x #1 and schedule a recording from there to occur on HR2x #2. I don't recall ever seeing that functionality (remote recording from DVR to DVR) during "beta" testing ... did I miss it???

I know the H2x receivers can be used to schedule a recording on an HR2x, but the way I read this press release, it sounds like if I have two HR2x receivers and have MRV, I can go to HR2x #1 and schedule a recording from there to occur on HR2x #2. I don't recall ever seeing that functionality (remote recording from DVR to DVR) during "beta" testing ... did I miss it???

Nope, it has never been there. Hope they add it though.

So $3.00 + $7.00 dvr fee = 10.00 same as the sling/ dvr fee with the 922 at DISH. Not bad when you consider you can use your dvr in any room in the house. I just wish I new how the ethernet worked to do this.

For me I would try to get another HDDVR then pay the 3.00, having the ability to watch other shows in other rooms is nice, but I would like the other features with a DVR as well

You have to have at least an HXX receiver this will not work with the Standard recievers..Which is really misleading. I wish it worked, becase we have 3 D12's here that are useless on this MRV..

You have to have at least an HXX receiver this will not work with the Standard recievers..Which is really misleading. I wish it worked, because we have 3 D12's here that are useless on this MRV..

It also won't work with a H20, theres no ethernet connection on them.

I don't understand it lol

If I have a HDDVR in one room and 4 regular DVR's in other rooms. Can I tape a show on a regular DVR and watch it on the HDDVR?

If I have a HDDVR in one room and 4 regular DVR's in other rooms. Can I tape a show on a regular DVR and watch it on the HDDVR?
Yea you can...as long as they are the newer DVRs with the ethernet port and they are connected to your home network (eithernet to router or wireless adapter). Directv doesn't provide network support tho.

Can someone explain what all do I need to be able to access this service. I called Directv this afternoon and the guy on the phone didn't know much. I'm now aware of the install/activation fee, I have a HR20-100 and a H21-100 receivers. Which they say will work for this feature. Both receivers are not in areas that can be hardwired to my router. Besides that, I'm a little foggy on what else needs to be done or will have to be done to take advantage of this service. thanks

Can someone explain what all do I need to be able to access this service. I called Directv this afternoon and the guy on the phone didn't know much. I'm now aware of the install/activation fee, I have a HR20-100 and a H21-100 receivers. Which they say will work for this feature. Both receivers are not in areas that can be hardwired to my router. Besides that, I'm a little foggy on what else needs to be done or will have to be done to take advantage of this service. thanks

For $149 (price is negotiable) DirecTV will come out to your house and install a SWiM dish or LNB if you don't already have one. They will install DECA adapters at each of your receivers and one for internet access at your router if you desire. All the networking is done via the coax without additional wiring.

I have two HR22-100 receivers networked together via a wired connection and when I called today to activate the whole-home DVR they said I needed to pay $99 for installation of a DECA box on the back of each receiver. What gives?

B.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was free just a couple of weeks ago! Now I have to pay! That might be the nail in the coffin for them. Getting more and more weather related issues, cost up, tease you with free networking, then they take it away.
I really don't need it, as I have three HDDVR's. May switch to ATT fiber service, w/included internet access.

My brother recently switched from DTV to Uverse and was really disappointed that on Uverse you can't pause or rewind live TV on any units but the master. You can only do this with recorded shows on the slave units.

I have a HR21 and a R22, but I don't see any use for this feature. My R22 is hooked up to a 32" SD set. Why would I want to watch anything from my HR21 on it? And why would I want to watch recorded SD material from the R22 on my HDTV? If I want to watch recorded HD programs, I'll record them on my HR21.

I guess if I had a TV in my bedroom connected to a non-DVR receiver, then it might be nice to watch a program recorded on one of my DVRs.

As is, even though I have the HR21 and R22 both connected to my home network, I see no reason to pay D* another $3/month for this service.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)