Directv=HD Lite?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Espn on Dish is in mpeg 2 and the Yes Hd on Directv is mpeg 2 also , So you are comparing mpeg 2 to mpeg 2 in this case right?

As to the locals in mpeg 4 you really can't make a comparison to Dish's mpeg 4 locals because you don't have them .

Actually - YES-HD is available in BOTH MPEG4 and MPEG2. If you receive YES-HD on channel 622 as your full-time RSN, that is MPEG4. If you see it on channel 730, 731, 94, or 95 as part of the MLB EI SF package, then it is in MPEG2. From what I read, Scott gets both when available.

Seems there might be a chance that the MPEG 4 could be better that OTA... what with sub-channels dragging some OTA broadcasts down.
This assumes a couple of things:

1. That DIRECTV is getting their feed via means other than OTA
2. That DIRECTV stops its practice of downscaling all 1080i content.

Actually - YES-HD is available in BOTH MPEG4 and MPEG2. If you receive YES-HD on channel 622 as your full-time RSN, that is MPEG4. If you see it on channel 730, 731, 94, or 95 as part of the MLB EI SF package, then it is in MPEG2. From what I read, Scott gets both when available.
You only get fulltime YESHD in MPEG 4 if you live in NY,CT,and parts of NJ,and PA.All the rest is Mpeg2 SD.And your right Scott Has YESHD available fulltime.But just like espn or Fox not every program is in HD,Then you get black bars on both sides of the screen. So then you just tune to the SD version.And its still channel 622.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)