Directv HD new 2 room install question.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cowbound

Original poster
Oct 9, 2013
Western Washington State
I am pretty sure I have los for install my question is how many lines need to be hung for two rooms. I have an older house with old cable run outside the house that's probably r56. To connect two tvs will one cable be run from the sattelite dish for each tv? Do the two tv units have to connect to each other in a way not including the dish. Just trying to visualize how this needs to be strung around the house. I do have a 24mbs dsl line if that's going to be used in any way. Thanks in advance.

If you are having a HD system installed, it will be what is called a SWM (single wire multiswitch) system. This means there will be one wire from the LNBF's on the dish to a splitter which will then connect to each receiver or client if it is a Genie system.

Your DSL will be connected to the system in order to use On Demand.

The DirecTV installer will do whatever is needed, like replacing the older obsolete coax.

What model receivers/DVR are you going to get?

I ordered the genie whole home dvr with 1 mini genie for HD. This house has no internal cable wiring so they most likely run it outside the house. There is a crawlspace and attic tho. The rooms are on opposite ends of the house. Not sure where they wou ld put the splitter.

I ordered the genie whole home dvr with 1 mini genie for HD. This house has no internal cable wiring so they most likely run it outside the house. There is a crawlspace and attic tho. The rooms are on opposite ends of the house. Not sure where they wou ld put the splitter.

Coax will likely come down from the dish to the splitter outside. From there they can run one line to each location.

When they install the dish the tech will run new RG6 from the dish to a SWiM , from there he will either run 2 wires 1 to the Genie and 1 to the client, or run 1 wire then split it to the Genie and client.They may or may not just use your old cables depending on where they are in relation to the SWiM , where you want your receivers. If you have an ethernet connection close to where you want the Genie so it can be hardwired with Cat 5 or Cat 6 than that will go into the back of the Genie , if no ethernet ,than they will need to install a DECA by your modem and run another RG6 cable from there to the SWiM ,or set you up with a wireless CCK.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts