Directv HD Plans (D9S, D10, D11)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kmcallis1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
This may have been asked before but I cannot find in the archives so I apologize for any redundancy

When DTV Launches its new satellites in 2007 (D10 @ 103 and D11 @ 99) will the HD Channels currently being broadcast from 119 (ESPN2GHD, Discovery HD Theater, HDNET, the New York Locals, and Yes Network HD) be moved to the two new satellites? Also, will D9S have any HD capability and is the scheduled launch still this summer (didn't think so but had to ask)? Lastly, does NFL Superfan utilize 119 at all for NFL HD?

I have serious los issues with 119 and would like to go the DTV HD route but don't want to pay for half the package currently.

I love the large trees in my area, Morristown, NJ but it really is annoying. Cable is not an option because of my need for Sunday Tickets and my Carolina Panthers.

Any insight any of you can give is appreciated

Last anyone saw, DirecTV 9S was being used as an in-orbit spare for 4S and 7S. So, the last official word is that 9S won't be doing anything.

Since there are supposedly CONUS beams on the D10 and D11 satellites, that would be the first indication of moving the HD out from the current satellites. Maybe by then DirecTV will have actually deployed enough HD receivers capable of MPEG4 in order to transition the HD.

Most of the NFLST games weren't on the 119, but there were 1 or 2 each week that were. I had the same issue with 119 until I moved the dish from my house to the garage out back.

Well, 9S has been under contract for about 2-plus years, which is much different than the plans for Spaceway 1 and 2 and DirecTV 10 and 11. Spaceways were built and owned by Hughes before DirecTV decided to take them over.

Once DirecTV decided to use Spaceway for local HD, then the decision was made to also build DirecTV 10 and 11. I think we are just over a year since that was made public.

VIPERS-PIT said:
Makes perfect sence to put up the sat that will carry NOTHING first.

Off topic: What is your speed right now(internet)? Is it TERRIBLY SLOW? I can't stand Dial-up. Nothing less that 4 MBPS settles for me. I want FIOS internet though.

kmcallis1 said:
When DTV Launches its new satellites in 2007 (D10 @ 103 and D11 @ 99) will the HD Channels currently being broadcast from 119 (ESPN2GHD, Discovery HD Theater, HDNET, the New York Locals, and Yes Network HD) be moved to the two new satellites?
I would guess D* will not move any HD programming from the main 3 satellites until all HD customers have the new 5-lnb dish. :)

Wasn't there talk about D* getting those in the Mountain and Pacific time zones over to new mpeg-4 HD LIL right away to free up some CONUS transponders? Is that still happening? I would think that would allow D* to put up a couple national HD channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts