Directv HD Quality

Status
Please reply by conversation.
He clearly has no idea of any science or technology and believes that unlike other Satellites, Directv's magical transponders have unlimited bandwidth. He probably also believes in 200MPG cars and perpetual motion machines.

Just because he can't read a graph or understand the limitations of how much bandwidth can be produced by a transponder - well, some people will just always deny the truth even when the evidence is right before their eyes.

Unfortunately for him, personally believing it doesn't make it true in the real world.

Who the hell are YOU to criticize ME like that? Do you know me somehow, and I don't know you (or your PhD in EE)? What qualifies YOU to state what I do or do not know?

You continue in your personal attacks. You have not addressed the questions at-hand. Any jackass can create a graph and post it on the web... and you accuse me of being gullible?

Sounds like you ignored my last post. I have not argued over degraded pq. I've pointed-out that whatever 'strategy' has been used, it's been ignored by the policy-makers. Your crying and whining has gotten you nowhere in 2 years. Don't you think it's time to find a better strategy than this?

Oh wait. You'd rather not solve anything, you really just want the opportunity to call names, cast stones, and rationalize the world into your own little who-ville. You seem to live only to launch personal attacks.

Didn't your momma ever tell you not to call names?

I thought the bitstarving and down-rezzing of all of D*'s HD channels was proven over and over and over again. I've been reading about it for quite sometime on several boards from several experts. This is nothing new guys...

D* started it, everyone threw up their arms, D* kept doing it, people started to accept it, new HD users had never seen real HD so they called D*'s HDLite "beautiful HD", E* followed suite somewhat but not as bad, people then accepted it, now it's time for the cable companies to follow suite...

I thought the bitstarving and down-rezzing of all of D*'s HD channels was proven over and over and over again. I've been reading about it for quite sometime on several boards from several experts. This is nothing new guys...

D* started it, everyone threw up their arms, D* kept doing it, people started to accept it, new HD users had never seen real HD so they called D*'s HDLite "beautiful HD", E* followed suite somewhat but not as bad, people then accepted it, now it's time for the cable companies to follow suite...

Where did I start in this discussion? I said that in 2001, the FCC ruled that it's acceptable for providers to re-transmit at bitrates lower than the original broadcast, as long as the signal is not materially degraded. The FCC never defined material degradation. I said that this mess is the making of the FCC and your elected officials; D* is taking advantage of loopholes.

If you want to attack the issue of bitrate, you have to start at the FCC and Congress, and the lack of definition of material degradation. Identify how change can happen, and attack it at the source.

I'm going to use Earl as comparison again. He assembled a 'wish list' of HR20 improvements, and worked to get many complaints fixed, and new features implemented; and got a bunch of people involved in beta-testing. Very productive, non-confrontational, and results have happened. Where have all of these petitions and tears gotten anyone? 2 years of crying over low bitrates has gotten nowhere, except to identify some people who refuse to grow up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)