DIRECTV HR21

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

b78viking

Original poster
Jan 26, 2005
Is the HR21 used as a two room system? If it is, does it come with 2 remotes? and how does it compare with a Dish Network 622 thankyou Mike

You can feed another TV from the HR21 but they will both have the same programming. There is no RF output, but a RF modulator can be used. You will need to purchase a second RF remote.

No D* receivers can show different prog in 2 different rooms. If you want this, you need 2 receivers. But by the same token, you'll get TWO tuners per room, instead of just the one you'd be getting w/the E* single receiver setup - it would sure be worth an extra $5 to me, but...

Right, DirecTV allows you to have a separate receiver in each room and does not force you into the limitations you get when you try to use a single receiver for two TVs.

Right, DirecTV allows you to have a separate receiver in each room and does not force you into the limitations you get when you try to use a single receiver for two TVs.

Nor does D* sock you with the bogus $5 "no phoneline" penalty, regardless of how many receivers/rooms you have... :rolleyes:

Nor does Dish force you to take a "DUAL tuner" receiver.. You can still get single tuner boxes too if you want to.. Or a single room Dual tuner HD-DVR (612).. It's all in what you want..

Nor does D* sock you with the bogus $5 "no phoneline" penalty, regardless of how many receivers/rooms you have... :rolleyes:

Being a dealer for DirecTV and Dish Network, I always take issue when someone calls this phone line thing a penalty. If you have extra rooms with DirecTV, they charge you a $5.00 fee for each room above the first.. Dish actually gives you the option to have that fee waived for a second room if you plug to a phone line.. So to me that's not a penalty, it's a bonus. I know there are those that seem to look at it differently, but this is the plain truth.. It's a savings feature.

I always had a per receiver fee with Dish, just as I do with DirecTV. Not sure what you mean about the fee being waived.

I always had a per receiver fee with Dish, just as I do with DirecTV. Not sure what you mean about the fee being waived.

We are talking about dual tuner receivers waiving the second room.. All single tuners with Dish or Direct charge the $5.00 for secondaries regardless of the phone line..

Being a dealer for DirecTV and Dish Network, I always take issue when someone calls this phone line thing a penalty. If you have extra rooms with DirecTV, they charge you a $5.00 fee for each room above the first.. Dish actually gives you the option to have that fee waived for a second room if you plug to a phone line.. So to me that's not a penalty, it's a bonus. I know there are those that seem to look at it differently, but this is the plain truth.. It's a savings feature.

No, it's in how you choose to "spin" it & I always take issue with THAT... :rolleyes:

The plain truth is - you still ONLY get ONE tuner per room on those "dual room" DVR's from dish. Which means (duh) each room CANNOT watch 1 live show & record another live show at the same time.

And even if you were to install a dual-tuner DISH DVR in both rooms, if the customer does NOT have a landline, then they are PENALIZED to the tune of $10, JUST f/the 2nd tuner in the SAME rooms, JUST because they choose NOT to patronize the phone co., or do not have a broadband connection, while D* does NOT charge it. It's a penalty, plain & simple - which is why I ALWAYS steer these customers right over to D*! :rolleyes:

If you do install 612's, then I understand this all does NOT apply - but those units only became available within the past year.

The one that's spinning is you..

If you get a four room system with DirecTV you pay $5.00 for each additional room above the first one.. That's a $15.00 fee for the 3 other rooms.
If you get a four room system with Dish you Pay $15.00 for the same 3 other rooms.. However if you have two dual tuners with Dish and plug the phone lines in they only charge you for the second receiver ($5.00) giving you a $10.00 savings while still getting 4 rooms hooked up.. If you want a dual tuner HDDVR that feeds just one room you get the 612 receiver which doesn't have the $5.00 phone line fee charged. If you want to dispute that go ahead.. But that's the way it is. It's a bonus and not a fee. I don't know why people find this so hard to understand. I am not here trolling for Dish. I sell both and have both services in my home, and find that each company has things I like and dislike. But this $5.00 so called fee is my pet peeve when I hear someone talk about it.. When is a savings of $5.00 or $10.00 a "FEE".

It's a bonus and not a fee. I don't know why people find this so hard to understand.

Hmm, maybe because (some) people have a BRAIN, & are not taken in by spinning marketing salesmen... :rolleyes:

When is a savings of $5.00 or $10.00 a "FEE".

It's a FEE, when the ONLY people that can get it, are the folks that happen to pay for ANOTHER service, from a totally DIFFERENT provider, that has NOTHING whatsoever to do with satellite service, nor is it required to make the system function as it was intended. It's also a FEE, when you are only installing ONE box, but then charging SOME people like they are getting TWO boxes, but they actually are NOT.

THAT'S why it's a PENALTY - end of story! Obviously (according to your OWN post) others think the same way - maybe it's your logic that is messed up. Guess we all will just have to agree to disagree on this one...

If you have 4 rooms with DirecTV you pay $15.00 extra. I woud only pay $5.00 extra for the same four rooms.. Simple math.. And that's the facts.. Most people only want a single tuner in each room. If you want HD-DVR dual tuners in each room that option is available too with the 612 which doesn't require a phone line just like the HR21. . You are mixing apples and oranges. The dual tuner two room systems are not designed for the power user.. It's designed for people that want tv in four rooms.. And yes we can agree to disagree.. It may be confusing, but in the end it's not a penalty, but a savings. But since I don't pay for either service I have, the savings isn't important to me. :)

If you want HD-DVR dual tuners in each room that option is available too with the 612 which doesn't require a phone line just like the HR21. .

Yea, but it ALSO requires ANOTHER DVR fee (forgot to add that yesterday) - so make sure you tack another $6 on. (since most people do NOT do AEP) Again, D* is most likely cheaper...

And yes we can agree to disagree.. It may be confusing, but in the end it's not a penalty, but a savings.

Since it MOST definitely IS a penalty, I definitely DISAGREE...but I DO agree E* makes thing WAY MORE confusing than D*

But since I don't pay for either service I have, the savings isn't important to me. :)

Hmm, & how IS that - aren't dealer showroom subs supposed to be used ONLY in a showroom, since you DID say:

and have both services in my home

But maybe I'm wrong & you do all your TV watching in your store - or have a rich uncle... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Talking about DVR"S what Dvr is this with the title under it saying don't miss a moment?
link
Good TV. Better TV. DIRECTV.

don't look like my HR21 to me.:)

also sroll to the last add on top. it kind of looks like the HR21 pro but it isn't. sroll to the 6th green square. it's nice. I want it

here it is copy and pasted
View attachment hr21.doc
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)