Directv HS-17 wired connection

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Support Forum' started by Alexander Borbely, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Alexander Borbely

Alexander Borbely Topic Starter New Member

I am a somewhat advanced user of satellite and STB tech. I was one of the first to receive an HS-17 unit. Since the initial setup I have been unable to use the wired connection on my HS17. I had defaulted to using 2.4Ghz wifi which is horrible in my neighborhood.

My setup is Gene 2 (HS-17) 2 X 4K Clients 1 X HD Wireless Client 3 X HD wired clients.

The device will not pull an IP, Static IP doesn't work either. When I disco the 2 4K units, the device seems to work fine over wired but not every time. DECA unit breaks the MoCA network and the 2 4K units consistently search for the HS-17 server without success until I remove the DECA and reset everything.

Another curveball here is I'm using a Ubiquiti Uniti system here which consists of several switches and a USG. I have no issues with the 40 other devices I have 25 of which are hardwired including TVs, laptops, etc. I also have no issues with internet currently 1Gbps up and down here over FTTH.

Anyone have any advanced ideas I may not have tried or know of any compatibility issues with Ubiquiti UNifi?

2. raoul5788

raoul5788 Studebaker driver Staff Member HERE TO HELP YOU! Supporting Founder Lifetime Supporter

:welcome to Satelliteguys Alexander Borbely!

I'm sure one of the install techs will respond to your questions soon.

3. CSM

CSM SatelliteGuys Pro

Have you tried resetting the HS-17?

4. Claude Greiner

Claude Greiner SatelliteGuys Master Supporting Founder

Try getting a cheap router, between the HS17 and your other router

5. rad

rad Supporting Founder Supporting Founder Lifetime Supporter

Hope you don’t have the wireless connection in the HS17 connected at the same time as you’re trying to use a DECA, that’s a no no.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

6. robjlevin

robjlevin SatelliteGuys Pro

When I got my HS17 two years ago the installer used a DECA and power inserter. After doing some reading I realized they were redundant, got rid of one splitter and brought the internet signal in with ethernet directly into the HS17 as well as allowing it to power the LNBs. Much cleaner install.

7. Ralph Capitol

Ralph Capitol New Member

8. Ralph Capitol

Ralph Capitol New Member

Have you made certain your DHCP range is set large enough to accommodate all your devices?

Separate names with a comma.

More...