DirecTV in Mexico

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lallaway

Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
I have a customer that is traveling between the Pacific Northwest and around 325 miles south of the border into Mexico. What Dish and LNBF (High Def) would he be able to use in both locations? What Satellites would he be pointing to in Mexico? :rolleyes:

I have a customer that is traveling between the Pacific Northwest and around 325 miles south of the border into Mexico. What Dish and LNBF (High Def) would he be able to use in both locations? What Satellites would he be pointing to in Mexico? :rolleyes:

325 South of the USA border ?
Good luck with that, unless he's trying to get the Spanish stuff only.
Chances are the footprint for the US stuff doesn't go that far south.

What SATs, if he's trying for US programming, the same ones he's pointed at now, the 99, 101 and 103. tahts covers the SD and HD, if he's only looking for SD, it's the 101, but I still think he's to far south.

DIRECTV's Ka band CONUS patch drops off quickly south of the border.

49.5dBw at <100 miles (Alaska signal levels)
44.5dBw at <150 miles
39.5dBw at <250 miles

The other problem is that there aren't any large dish solutions to receiving DIRECTV HD.

With the unique LNB assembly, perhaps. It still won't reliably cover much more than 100 miles in.

Do you suppose they'll ship those kits to addresses in the lower 48?

I would think they will ship them wherever your at, provided your willing to pay for it.

Seems like someone from the "Sunshine State" would have extolled the virtues of such a dish by now.

going south is going to be tuff but we have a tech in the FTA from that is in mexico that could help as im sure the normal techs in mexico wont understand why you want paytv service . Your AK/HI dish is still kind of small but might pull in just enuff to get somthing hd but the AK LNB will be useless as its spaced more then your normal SL3/5.

Your better of getting a 6'-10' fiber dish from slavage when in mexico on the cheap as most have jumped to sky service mesh dish will not work for you unless you replace all the pannels.. bring a standard 101 and a Ka/KU SL3 LNB . first get the sd 101 in place and peak it to the max and figure out the distance from the end of the lnb to the dish for your focal point then hotswap your sl3 and see what you get twisting it clockwise or counter could get you better signals on the 103 99 will be lost and dont worry about it. Good luck

i install directv over here in mexico but you need a much bigger dish here and no its not as easy as people say it is i use a 2.4 meter dish and use i single lnb for the 101 and i zinwell lnb for 99 and another for 103 and some combiners

rob1991 said:
i install directv over here in mexico but you need a much bigger dish here and no its not as easy as people say it is i use a 2.4 meter dish and use i single lnb for the 101 and i zinwell lnb for 99 and another for 103 and some combiners

do you use one Dish for all the satellites?
How many channels do you get?

Search for the topic --- Finally HD Channels in Mexico City ---- In this forum...

Good Luck

Rob, are you still installing?

I have been using a 2.4 m fiberglass dish with a Legacy lnb for 10 years in Acapulco. Only get SD channels and not all. 101 only. Also using a Zinwell 8 way for the complex.

Status
Please reply by conversation.