DirecTV in Mexico

Status
Please reply by conversation.
stone phillips420 said:
when one has a tivo and needs the new 6.2 software on it way
other than that no phoneline is needed but no ppv

gray market subs couldn't care less about Tivo or PPV. That's what gray market is all about. We all know about this before we install the system...

all I am saying i realize this can and is done
but if this grey market is a viable option then there would be brokers offering dtv service to bahamas canada bermuda and mexico
a broker like this doesn't exist

stone phillips420 said:
all I am saying i realize this can and is done
but if this grey market is a viable option then there would be brokers offering dtv service to bahamas canada bermuda and mexico
a broker like this doesn't exist

There are two issues:

1) There sure are brokers offering service to Canada.

2) Brokers are not the only option for gray market subs. Friends and family are actually better options.

You said more than that. You said it's "theft of service plain and simple". As long as subbing foreign service is not illegal in Mexico or Bermuda, how can you call that "theft of service"? Is there an import embargo in these countries? have there been a clarification of the law as in Canada (that subbing DirecTV or Dish Network is illegal)?

if you need to watch tv in mexico learn spanish
and sub skymexico
i sub dtv and dish at my home in usa
at my lake home in canada i sub bell
if i had a residence in mexico i would sub sky mexico
plain and simple dtv doesnt want to offer there service to mexico
therefore you cant sub from mexico

stone phillips420 said:
if you need to watch tv in mexico learn spanish
and sub skymexico
i sub dtv and dish at my home in usa
at my lake home in canada i sub bell
if i had a residence in mexico i would sub sky mexico
plain and simple dtv doesnt want to offer there service to mexico
therefore you cant sub from mexico

What kind of nonsense is that?

And why must one learn Spanish to watch TV in Mexico? is that a law in Mexico?

DTV doesn't want to offer their service to mexico? how do you know?

The 3 facts I mentioned early are solid proofs that DTV doesn't care where you are watching, as long as you pay.

And no one saying subbing gray market is "sub from mexico". You don't have to sub from mexico to watch American TV in Mexico. All you need is an American address...

If you are confined to watching only TV programs in that country of the TV's location, that's your problem. The current setup (no phone line, credit card from anywhere, etc.) certainly doesn't prohibit people in one country watching TV programs from another country.

i guess its available in mexico if you go through broker or if you go through family/friend, but if family/friend has receiver on same account
thats account-sharing and is not right imho

but ranger i see were going nowhere so you and i can agree to disagree on this matter

stone phillips420 said:
i guess its available in mexico if you go through broker or if you go through family/friend, but if family/friend has receiver on same account
thats account-sharing and is not right imho

You are making a lot of baseless hypothesis...

How can you associate grey-market sub itself with account sharing? They are two totally different issues.

It's just like people who want to argue against grey makret sub, always try to associate the subbing with hacking/stealing signals, and how hacking/stealing is not right, blah, blah, blah....

Genocide or child molestation is not right either...

This is a clear sign that you have absolutely no argument against grey market sub itself, that you have to associate it with other misdeeds...

the account is set at fathers house in us both billing and service
this family/friend is trying to access same program outside of usa
that is sharing
thats all I am saying

stone phillips420 said:
the account is set at fathers house in us both billing and service
this family/friend is trying to access same program outside of usa
that is sharing
thats all I am saying

How do you know? Are you at their house to watch their programs? Do you audit their monthly bills?

The guy clearly said:

"I pay my BILL completely seperately. I have an old receiver that is mirrored down stairs, plus the HD E86 upstairs. He recieves his own BILL. Mirroring by sharing the bill at different addresses is theft in my opinion. I make enough money to pay for my access on my own."

How you can interpret that as "family/friend is trying to access ame program outside of USA that is sharing" is beyond me. Do you comprehend English? or do you deliberately make up some nonsense out of thin air in order to argue?

All you are saying is that you can't argue against gray market sub, that you have to fabricate something out of thin air to associate it with something illegal (account sharing)...

its just wrong in my opinion, but if you like to continue this debate ranger i would prefer it be done in pm
otherwise we agree to disagree
thanks

stone phillips420 said:
its just wrong in my opinion,

What's wrong in your opinion? that the guy is paying his own bill?

Or if you say gray market sub is wrong, you simply aren't able to justify it. It's like saying "watching TV is just plain wrong in my opinion"...

with that logic i would have directv and dishnet at my lakehome i don't
i have bell expressvu because since i have a home in canada I might as well give a canadian company my money
if i had a home in mexico i would pay for skymexico and be happy with that

if directv wanted customers in mexico they would sell there services there

i concede this argument
ranger if i offended you Im sorry

stone phillips420 said:
with that logic i would have directv and dishnet at my lakehome i don't
That's your personal choice. It has nothing to do with right or wrong.

With that logic I would eat Chinese food tonite, but that doesn't mean eating non-Chinese is wrong...

i have bell expressvu because since i have a home in canada I might as well give a canadian company my money
Again, that's your choice. You don't have to.

if directv wanted customers in mexico they would sell there services there
They are already. They just pretend they don't know.

I have no problem Pils, I guess my opinion differs from many of you.
if you want dtv in mexico by all means use your family/friends address in the states
and share the account with family/friends i guess

Mods please lock thread

stone phillips420 said:
if you want dtv in mexico by all means use your family/friends address in the states
and share the account with family/friends i guess

"and share the account with family/friends i guess"

See, you really have problems.

You still can't face the fact that people with gray market subs do NOT have to share account with family/friends, i.e. account sharing. You have to tag this nonsense to gray market subs all the time.

My question is, WHY?????

And do you think I'll let you divert this argument to something illegal?

NO CHANCE!!!

AS long as i have a account with Direct or Dish and pay my bill , why should they care
if we are watching at home.
or in the Motorhome somewhere in Calif, Wash., Alaska , Canada or Mexico.
as far as getting sat. service in Mexice we might be there 2 weeks or 2 months we don't know
we are not stealing service , we are paying for it
what is the big deal where we want to watch it,
our house is locked up no one there to use the satellite dish , we have the recever with us in the motorhome ,and we wont be back for 4 or 5 month.

judybob said:
AS long as i have a account with Direct or Dish and pay my bill , why should they care
if we are watching at home.
because this stone has this absurd mind that if you are in Mexico and want to watch TV, you better learn Spanish, and if you are in Canada and want to watch TV, you may as well pay BEV...

I mean, this is utter nonsense to say the least. Whose law is it that when you are in Mexico, then you MUST watch Mexican TV?

Hey stone, do you set the law for other people or what?

Status
Please reply by conversation.