DirecTV in room with no coax

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DanNorthCarolina

Original poster
Oct 19, 2012
North Carolina
Hi All,
I am planning to call DirecTV today to subscribe. I have three TVs. One has a new RG6 pulled to it, on has a closet with a place I can get it run into, but the third is a problem. There is no good way to get to the room until I install crown molding on that floor and hide it in there. The TV will be mounted near the ceiling (exercise room), so running it through the crown molding will work out. In the meantime is there any way to get programming to the TV over my home wireless network? Since I will be a new subscriber I will have the latest hardware available.

Thanks for your suggestions,
Dan

WITH C31 I BELIEVE TOU DON'T NEED WON'T NEED ANY WIRE .MAYBE SOME ELSE KNOW THAN I DO ABOUT THIS .ICEBERG PROBALY CAN LET YOU KNOW MORE.

Hi All,
I am planning to call DirecTV today to subscribe. I have three TVs. One has a new RG6 pulled to it, on has a closet with a place I can get it run into, but the third is a problem. There is no good way to get to the room until I install crown molding on that floor and hide it in there. The TV will be mounted near the ceiling (exercise room), so running it through the crown molding will work out. In the meantime is there any way to get programming to the TV over my home wireless network? Since I will be a new subscriber I will have the latest hardware available.

Thanks for your suggestions,
Dan

You will need RG6 going to it from the splitter, it is the only way it will talk to the H34

If the third room is anywhere close to any of the other rooms, the RG6 can be split to accommodate another C31 client.

I would be interested to hear about this one as there is no RJ45 port on C31. Some type of adapter perhaps?
Baluns. They adapt teh RG6 to usually a pair of cat5 cables and at the other end they adapt the pair of cat5 back to RG6.

I think that's what they were referring to

strogonowski said:
I would be interested to hear about this one as there is no RJ45 port on C31. Some type of adapter perhaps?

You can use a DECA unit with a power inserter if you have Ethernet available near the tv.

If you are going to put the molding in at some point anyway, why not just run the cable now? You can always trim it and hide it when you do the molding. and it might be an incentive to do it sooner than later. :)

ZandarKoad said:
Wouldn't that require two DECA units?

No. You just connect the power inserter to the DECA and ethernet cable from deca to your router/switch/CAT5 jack then the other end with coax gets connected to the C31. The ethernet network signal is inserted at the HR34 as a bridge.

PS - Basically think of the DECA as an "adapter dongle" to get a wired Ethernet connector on your c31. It's hooked up in the reverse manner as it would be for an older receiver/DVR that doesn't have DECA built in where the power would be supplied by the receiver but in this case it can't be so thus you need the power inserter.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)