DIRECTV in RV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Durwood79

Original poster
Dec 19, 2005
I am considering purchasing a satellite setup for my parents RV. They have DIRECTV at home and the people at DIRECTV said I could add the second receiver for a very small charge. They do not want a permanent satellite on the top of the RV. Rather, they would prefer a portable unit on a tripod.
Herein lies my question. What dish and receiver would I need to complete this application? Also, how is it he would go about locating the correct satellite?
Also, does anyone have a suggestion for a tripod?
I would appreciate any assistance.
Thanks.

The simple way, would be to go to a local DirecTV Dealer (not the big box stores) and purchase the equipment from them. They will be glad to show you how to set up the satellite, and also provide you with all the necessary tools to do the job...

Crystal Pepsi Ball said:
It will get signal off the main satellite, 101. That has ESPN, CNN, COURTTV, NICK and other channels.

For $ 2200 does it park the trailer and cook dinner as well as give you every channel in the universe ????

Jimbo

DirecTv is a bit more friendlier on using their system on an RV than Dish Network since Dish Network has to audit the RV unit.

Some markets use the Phase III dish in which you have to be in the spotbeam to pick them up. I like Dish Network in this respect because if your in a SuperDish or Dish1000 market it does not use the spotbeam therefore you can pick it up anywhere in the U.S. you can get the signal since its conus.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)