Directv installation question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hvpeyton3

Original poster
Aug 15, 2013
TN
I have had installers come and each have said something different. 1st one, couldn't get signal. I downloaded dishpointer pro and found a place. 2nd one said I could get signal but he could not go through the patio door as originally planned due to Genie requirements. So I got approval (live in a townhome) to drill a whole for installation later that day and got a third tech to come out same day. He said due to the cable length (probably right at 100ft) he did not think signal would work. He said that is an hour and half of work for not knowing for sure if it would work. So I called back and told them to send someone who wants to install a satellite, because each time I solve a problem, they create a new one. They said a supervisor will call and make a time to come out (haven't heard anything yet.

That is my experience, so here is my question.

Guessing they will not come or supervisor will decline to do it, I am expecting to do it myself.

So more than anything I need a diagram. I know I need the dish, inverter, the green splitter, RG6 coaxial cable and the HR44 (Genie). I just need to ensure I don't mess anything up trying to install it.

I'm sorry this is on wrong threat but the directv thread shows me as not logged on everytime and won't let me post!

Try clearing the cache of your browser, then restart your computer.

I actually already tried it. It did not work. I did it a couple more times and still no cigar. I settled for dish (Hopefully my first and last time) lol jk

Moving to DirecTV area.

Simple hookup - LNB to ground block, into house, to power supply. Output of power supply into splitter then to each receiver.
You can also put the power supply by a receiver if necessary.

If no other clients or receivers you don't need the splitter.

Thank you. I had read a lot of forums about messing stuff up installing it wrong. Everyone had more clients to go with the genie, so I was not for sure about the splitter. From directv's site my es8000 Samsung should automatically pick up the genie and an additional client is not necessary, correct?

Yes to use a TV as a client you will have to ask DirecTV to enable a RVU client Samsung television at $6/month. Then you'll pair it with the HR44 via the whole-home setup menu.

Thanks Raoul! Hopefully I can refer to the more experience through here more often. I am pretty tech savvy but when it come to electrician type work I am not always up to speed.

I do not think the Samsung remote will work dtv in rvu mode. Not for sure but from what I have read it will not. If you are talking about with a Genie you should not need a deca home as it has an internal one to connect the rvu tv to. Correct?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts