Directv installation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Salacak

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
We set up for the installation and I'm trying to find out how important is the phone connection. I will have 4 room setup; I don't have any phone jack in those rooms. One of the 4 rooms has it but it will be 40 feet away from where we are goint to bring receiver. Should I do anything about this before the installer come. Is it okay without phone connetions to receivers and what is advantage having it or not.

The phone connection allows you to order ppv from your remote control, and it enables caller id display on your television. Aside from that it is completely unnecessary.

I'm always on the computer connected to internet so if I won't have phone connections I can order PPV through internet anyway right. So no phone connection is okay?

you can still order PPV's without a phone line attached. The only problem is Directv wont know to charge you until you do hook up a line. The only down side is that you have a set amount (limit) maybe $100 (it used to be more, maybe still is ?) once you reach that limit, Then you wont be able to order more PPV's until you hook up and the will be reset by Directv...

I don't think I will order that much PPV if any. I have a HD DVD player and most movies I watch that way so phone connection is not necassary for me at all.

We have 90% signal strength in the upper transponders 26-32 but "0" in the lower transponders 1-25. We have a new DTV box with a used but good dish and LNB. We have tried changing out the used LNB's twice with other used but good LNB's with no improvement. We have shortened the new cable from 125 feet to 80 feet. We have the dish mounted on a stable platform with no obstuctions. Do we need to buy a more modern LNB?What does the "searching for satellite signal ...(771)" mean?

Status
Please reply by conversation.