DirecTV internal destackers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AntAltMike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 28, 2005
Yesterday, I assisted a DirecTV installer over the telephone in getting a model D11 receiver to enable its internal destacker so it could be used in an MDU. It took some prodding to get him to even try, because he had thoroghly read the installation manual and there was no mention of this feature in it. I told him that was not surprising, since I had never seen any mention of internal destackers the literature of more than a dozen earlier models of receivers containing such a feature.

I asked him what the current models of DirecTV DVR and HDTV receiver he was installing and he said the current model of DVR is called the DVR+ and the current model HDTV receiver is the H20. Has anyone either found an internal destacker in either of these products, or seen anything on a set-up screen implying that there is one, or even heard definitively from anyone whether either of these products has an internal destacker?

AntAltMike said:
Yesterday, I assisted a DirecTV installer over the telephone in getting a model D11 receiver to enable its internal destacker so it could be used in an MDU. It took some prodding to get him to even try, because he had thoroghly read the installation manual and there was no mention of this feature in it. I told him that was not surprising, since I had never seen any mention of internal destackers the literature of more than a dozen earlier models of receivers containing such a feature.
I asked him what the current models of DirecTV DVR and HDTV receiver he was installing and he said the current model of DVR is called the DVR+ and the current model HDTV receiver is the H20. Has anyone either found an internal destacker in either of these products, or seen anything on a set-up screen implying that there is one, or even heard definitively from anyone whether either of these products has an internal destacker?

I have not, but I have not inquired either.
It would be my guess that IF such things are actually built into these receivers, that it would be in a Sub Menu, and that we do not have the info on how to access these menus, nor do the D* installers appearently.

I do beleive it is a possibility though, as I have been in Sub Menus on older D* receivers.

Jimbo

R15's and H20's are both broadband receivers. Go to menu, settings, auto detect and if the device is connected to a stacked LNB system it will switch its tuner to see and de-stack the odd and even transponders. No de-stacker is required for the H20 or R15. IN fact, in a stacked system you can use a plain old (high quality) hi-frequency splitter to get two coaxes from a single RG6 for the dual tuner operation.

There is another way into the secret menu, which is a shortcut to the auto detect screen, I think you can access it by pressing and holding the “menu and down arrow button at the same time.

-Robert

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
R15's and H20's are both broadband receivers. Go to menu, settings, auto detect and if the device is connected to a stacked LNB system it will switch its tuner to see and de-stack the odd and even transponders. No de-stacker is required for the H20 or R15. IN fact, in a stacked system you can use a plain old (high quality) hi-frequency splitter to get two coaxes from a single RG6 for the dual tuner operation.

There is another way into the secret menu, which is a shortcut to the auto detect screen, I think you can access it by pressing and holding the “menu and down arrow button at the same time.

-Robert

Great info Robert

Thanks.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)