DirecTV is untruthful to their customers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rdwray

Original poster
Jul 29, 2007
I have a Hughes receiver that I replaced a D10-300 with because I did not like it and dumped their local channels. DirecTV made changes to their programs which upset my favorites. DirecTV said I had a bad receiver, if so, then the D10 was bad too. They said I needed a new one. I said ok, can you ship me another Hughes. They said yes. I received a D11 with the same programming as the D10 and had to pay for it. I called again and they said that the DXX programming was the way it was and would not be changed for any reason and that what ever receiver they shipped was the one I would get. So now I have a new junk receiver and have reinstalled my Hughes.

welcome to satguys but truthfully, i'm confused. it sounds like its not the receiver but the programming. if that isn't the case, perhaps you could explain a little more in detail. thanks.

Clarification

Untruthful: Said they were shipping a Hughes but shipped a D11 instead. Programming different in 2 units. Charged to my bill.

Untruthful: Said they were shipping a Hughes but shipped a D11 instead. Programming different in 2 units. Charged to my bill.
They don't send anything except for Directv receivers for one .D10,D11 or D12. For standard def. This has nothing to do with your programming. Your access card is where your programming comes from. The new receiver that D* send you should have had a new access card with it . Then you have to call directv to activate the receiver and card you just got. They don't come already programmed.

Last edited:
Hemi 6.1, read the post. They said they were shipping a Hughes and did not and still charged me. If you can't read, get someone to read it to you.

Hemi 6.1. They change the stations from one channel to another i.e. they moved Court TV from 203 to 246 for one and there have been many. Stop trying to protect a lost cause.

chill Holmes

I read your post 3 times and I'm still confused. So lets see if I can try and decipher it

I have a Hughes receiver that I replaced a D10-300 with because I did not like it and dumped their local channels.
huh? What do you mean "dumped their local channels"? I assume you mean DirecTV's

DirecTV made changes to their programs which upset my favorites.
what did they change? Your favorites you set up

DirecTV said I had a bad receiver, if so, then the D10 was bad too. They said I needed a new one. I said ok, can you ship me another Hughes. They said yes. I received a D11 with the same programming as the D10 and had to pay for it. I called again and they said that the DXX programming was the way it was and would not be changed for any reason and that what ever receiver they shipped was the one I would get.
as noted above, they only ship DirecTv boxes. So they charged you for the D11? Will they allow you to ship the "broken" one back for a credit?

So now I have a new junk receiver and have reinstalled my Hughes.
so everything is back to normal?

Hemi 6.1. They change the stations from one channel to another i.e. they moved Court TV from 203 to 246 for one and there have been many. Stop trying to protect a lost cause.

If they moved the channel then it happened to everyone's boxes. So reset your favorites. That takes a few seconds to do :)

Iceberg: Unless I made mention of some other service, I am talking about DirecTV.

The Hughes does not receive local channels, so when I subscribed to them, they shipped me a D10. After a period of time, I decided that I was tired of the D10's program and DUMPED the local channels and reinstalled the Hughes.

Unless you subscribe to EVERY channel that DirecTV has, the simplest way to view the stations is to program them into a favorites. When they make channel changes (move stations to different channels) it would change my favorites and I had to reprogram them - takes about an hour.

The receiver is not broken, I just don't like it because it is programmed like a DVR rather than a receiver. They will not allow me to ship back a receiver once it has been activated it belongs to me.

Yes, everything except DirecTV attitude is where it should be.

If they moved the channel then it happened to everyone's boxes. So reset your favorites. That takes a few seconds to do :)

The problem here is not only did the channel move, but they also turned on several pay-per-view channels and all of the music. The only way to get things back to normal is to go through the entire thing.

Hemi 6.1, read the post. They said they were shipping a Hughes and did not and still charged me. If you can't read, get someone to read it to you.
First of all Directv is not going to send you anything but a Directv receiver.. Second just because it takes you an hour to uncheck a box in your favorites list ,and then check a new box in your favorites list . Sounds to me like you don't have a clue what your talking about. If your here just to start trouble ,you know where the door is.:mad:

Last edited:

Hey, lets keep it civil here please. There is no reason to insult Hemi like that. We pride our selves on having an open, but civil discussion.

First of all Directv is not going to send you anything but a Directv receiver.. Second just because it takes you an hour to uncheck a box in your favorites list ,and then check a new box in your favorites list . Sounds to me like you don't have a clue what your talking about. If your hear just to start trouble ,you know where the door is.:mad:

When someone tells me they are going to do something and don't they have LIED. The one that started the mouthing off is you. I don't know what your problem is, but you seem to be a DirecTV representative. Is this so? I have a list that I go through and turn on or off the channels that I wish to view including: shopping, sports, movie, etc. By the way, here as in some where is spelled 'here' not 'hear'.

truthfully, i don't believe either hemi or iceberg were mouthing off. they were trying to be helpful as best as they can, trying to decipher your complaint.

i am college educated and have been an audio/visual buff almost 40 years. i'm sorry but you are speaking in forked tongue.

Ok - the couple of times I have had a receiver replaced, they have clearly told me that they CANNOT guarantee any particular model. IMO you are much better off with either a D10/11 than an older Hughes model - the D10/11 can be used with the new interactive features while the older one cannot.

Second, I am unclear as to what you mean by 'programming different in 2 units' - can you please try to explain that so I can better understand?

I am also unclear as to what you mean be dumped local channels.

All three receivers you mention (Hughes, D10 and D11) can receive the very same identical channels - there should be no difference there. The guides are different, and the way you set up favorites and stuff is different, but once you understand the GUI, you can get identical results.

I will try to guide you thru it if I can better understand what final result you are looking for.

. The one that started the mouthing off is you.
hmm...lets see...Hemi's post
They don't send anything except for Directv receivers for one .D10,D11 or D12. For standard def. This has nothing to do with your programming. Your access card is where your programming comes from. The new receiver that D* send you should have had a new access card with it . Then you have to call directv to activate the receiver and card you just got. They don't come already programmed.

hmm...lets see....I dont see any "mouthing off" here

then your response (which came after he posted)

Seems like you're the one mouthing off

I don't know what your problem is, but you seem to be a DirecTV representative.
Looks like we're trying to help but you don't want help....either that or you just want to complain

By the way, here as in some where is spelled 'here' not 'hear'.

no need to give us a spelling lesson. People make mistakes. Big whoop.

Now if you want us to help, the best thing to do is check the crabbyness at the door and let us help you. Obviously you registered here for a reason and that's to get help with an issue.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts