DirecTV is untruthful to their customers

Status
Please reply by conversation.
One thing I can (kinda sorta) agree with OP in his complaint about resetting the Fav's lists is the way that the "brand new off the shelf" STB has no fav's and then you have to go through and de/select the channels you want from the ALL CHANNELS default list. At least that is how I recall it on the HR20 when I first got it. I think now there is a ALL CHANNELS and a CHANNELS YOU RECEIVE default list. Of course the last time I went through the CHANNELS YOU RECEIVE list, it included ALL CHANNELS by default so it wasn't a big time saver. Plus all those music channels just say XM78 or XM27 or something like that...it would be nice if it said "XM - 80's" or "XM-Country" or whatever.

Aside from that, I don't see what's so crippling about setting up Fav's...maybe a 10-15 minute process...especially since every time you press SELECT, it automatically advances to the next channel. So if you know you will be removing 100-199 (PPV's), you scroll to channel 100, hit select, hit select, hit select, hit select, hit select, hit select, hit select, hit select, etc all the way to 199.

Hemi 6.1, read the post. They said they were shipping a Hughes and did not and still charged me. If you can't read, get someone to read it to you.

rdwray, they do not produce any new Hughes rec's anymore, only D* branded rec' s since March of '05 I think it was.

Don't know how or why they would tell you that they would send you a Hughes out.

Jimbo

Hemi 6.1. They change the stations from one channel to another i.e. they moved Court TV from 203 to 246 for one and there have been many. Stop trying to protect a lost cause.

You know, I've read over my lease agreement and the DirecTV terms and conditions very carefully.

No where does it say they have to get your permission to change their channel line up. You don't like it, you can switch providers (that's the great thing about open markets) .

I don't know of single provider that hasn't changed their channel line up at least once. In the time you spent complaining about this and insulting the forum members here, you could have reprogrammed your favorites list to show the new channel lineups.

But wait, you accepted shipment of a new receiver which means that D* now has you on a one year contract. Break your contract, and they can charge you up to $150 for the early termination and even more if you don't return the receiver.

As to them telling you that you were going to get a Hughes receiver, this is very similar to calling a company like Dell and telling them you want them to send you a new 286 computer. It ain't gonna happen, so get over it.

I know, I know. It's like poking a sleeping bear...but I just couldn't help myself.:neener

Hey, lets keep it civil here please. There is no reason to insult Hemi like that. We pride our selves on having an open, but civil discussion.

um rocky, he insulted iceberg first, so thus the first punch was thrown. if that means that person gets their ass beat so be it, shouldent of thrown the first punch ("getto logic").

You know, I've read over my lease agreement and the DirecTV terms and conditions very carefully.

No where does it say they have to get your permission to change their channel line up. You don't like it, you can switch providers (that's the great thing about open markets) .

I don't know of single provider that hasn't changed their channel line up at least once. In the time you spent complaining about this and insulting the forum members here, you could have reprogrammed your favorites list to show the new channel lineups.

But wait, you accepted shipment of a new receiver which means that D* now has you on a one year contract. Break your contract, and they can charge you up to $150 for the early termination and even more if you don't return the receiver.

As to them telling you that you were going to get a Hughes receiver, this is very similar to calling a company like Dell and telling them you want them to send you a new 286 computer. It ain't gonna happen, so get over it.

I know, I know. It's like poking a sleeping bear...but I just couldn't help myself.:neener

Actually, I think I have seen plenty of times something that says something like "Subject to change at any time".
He's gonna get really riled up soon when all these new channels come on board in HD as they will be moving channels all over the place.

Jimbo

hmm...lets see...Hemi's post

hmm...lets see....I dont see any "mouthing off" here

then your response (which came after he posted)

Seems like you're the one mouthing off

Looks like we're trying to help but you don't want help....either that or you just want to complain

no need to give us a spelling lesson. People make mistakes. Big whoop.

Now if you want us to help, the best thing to do is check the crabbyness at the door and let us help you. Obviously you registered here for a reason and that's to get help with an issue.

BRAVO! I could not agree more!

I can't believe this guy is acting this way, it was rude and un-called for.

DirecTV made changes to their programs which upset my favorites.
Understand that favorites are not associated with your DIRECTV subscription; they are unique to the receiver. The receivers that you listed have no substantial capability difference from one to the next. You shouldn't have needed a new receiver to gain access to local channels (unless you are incapable of adding them to your favorites).

DIRECTV's replacement terms entitle you to a functionally equivalent receiver as ScoBuck pointed out, not one that is fully pre-programmed with all of your personal favorites. If you program the D10, D11 or D12, you should be able to get to the same place with a receiver that is faster, consumes less electricity and maybe even offers a better picture.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)