Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
This is funny.

I got a call from a few retailers who sell both Dish Network and DirecTV. I guess they are showing a video on channel 583 (Private for dealers) and in it they are warning dealers, telling them to be carefull signing up customers for Dish Networks HD service as they feel those customers will coming running back to DirecTV when they launch all theor new HD channels which will result in massive chargebacks to the dealers.

All these new HD channels are dependent on new satellites being launched (and launched on time) with yesterdays explosion it appears there will be a delay getting DirecTV's satellites in orbit. I said it yesterday after the satellite launch explosion mess, but I will say it again as some advice to DirecTV, never count your chickens before they hatch.

If anyone has a copy of this vide they could send me, please PM me. :)

AFAIK, the first scheduled launch is a totally different company so it shouldn't be affected. The 2nd one hopefully is scheduled so far out that it won't be delayed.

D* hate fest going on here? D10 is not on Sea-Launch, D11 is and was scheduled, from what has been seen, to be around mid-year July/August timeframe. So what's the big deal, D10 goes up they can go live with 50 HD channels! If D10 has a failed launch then start the D* bashing and laughter IMO.

No hate fest, just thought it was interesting that they would make a video like that.

BTW I am looking for a copy of the DirecTV video not the rocket explosion. :)

Note: The NEXT sat that was scheduled for Sea Launch is ECHOSTAR 11. Looks like that one is surely to be delayed/cancelled.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)