Directv issues?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
Has anyone else tried to activate a new receiver? I just got a new R10 in, got it yesterday. I have yet to be able to activate it because everytime I call in Directv tells me that their system is down.

Neutron said:
Has anyone else tried to activate a new receiver? I just got a new R10 in, got it yesterday. I have yet to be able to activate it because everytime I call in Directv tells me that their system is down.

Their billing system had a brain fart (according to the other site) but is back up now.

i did 3 new installs and the program is still crashed . all call centers and boise are still down, all new cx are on a manual call back list :cool:

I activated a replacement HD receiver on Thursday at about 3pm ET. Replaced the problem filled Samsung t360. Everything went fine. At about 11pm I lost everything, all channels had a 'please call customer service ext 711' message. Called D*, they said nothing they could do about it because their system is down. Called again at 1pm today, system still down. They said it will be up by 3pm, its almost 4pm now and still not up.

I talked to various levels of D* support on 7 different calls since Dec 23 relating to the Samsung t360 issues and on each call the rep complained that their system was soooooo slow or down. They must be having major problems. In a service business like theirs it is inexcusable to have these lengths of outages.

ive been a directv tech for five years in february, and i assure you this is the longest i have seen the activation system down. the boise idaho csr told me today that they had a major system failure in the mainframe. i dont know who told you 3pm , i was told they do not know and arent allowed to give a time.

also fyi only boise ( the old primestar center) , colorado and oklahoma centers are directv employee staffed. texas, georgia and washington are out sourced csrs

the crash did not affect the castle rock broadcast earthstation or the backup at los angeles

......bob :cool:

I hope they fix it soon. Shouldn't a reboot fix it?

If not I'll be sitting there watching the "Directv Help Channel" again. At least the lady on there is hot!! The guy that co-hosts it is just too goofy. :D

Any updates on the situation? My new HD receiver is craving some programming. Unable to activate!

robert luzzi said:
i dont know who told you 3pm , i was told they do not know and arent allowed to give a time.

......bob :cool:

The csr I spoke to at 1pm ET told me 3PM. I believe her name was Linda if I remember correctly.

I just called and the CSR (Sara I think) told me that they expect it to be back up in the next few hours. I asked her about the 3PM thing and she said their system came back up briefly then but went back down.

I'm just hoping that its fixed by tomorrow gametime. I have a bunch of people coming over to watch the playoff games in HD.

Just got off the phone with D*. Some of their systems are slowly coming online. Just an update.

Nope. However they have my receiver "in cue". So when the system comes up it will activate it.

Try calling them back and speak with another CSR. I was told their system is back up now.

Well, I finally got through. The CSR I talked with really didn't know what he was doing. The first thing he said was "Uhh, it's not working." Well duh! I told him that's why I called and he said he would retry the authorization hit on the receiver. That didn't work. He said he didn't know what to do. I suggested that he remove the receiver and readd it. That didn't work either.

So I sit on hold for over 25 min waiting for tech support. The lady that finally came on told me that the reason their system crashed is because they are trying to merge all of their systems into one, and it caused the systemwide crash. She said that the majority of receivers still aren't being authorized because on their supervisors can do them at this time. So I was told that I would be getting a supervisor to call our home within an hour to get the hit resent to our new receiver.

I've tried calling every number I have but when I get put in a queue it gives me a busy signal. I've been down for close to 25 hours.

Well, no supervisor call, no autorization hit has been sent. I am not very happy right now. I'm calling Directv right now.

Well, just as this other tech support person got up to get his supervisor because he couldn't resend the authorization, their damn system went down again.

ARGH!!!!! :mad:

Thanks for the update Neutron. My blood is boiling. What number are you using? I still cant get anything but busy signals once I get put in a queue.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts