DIRECTV Launches $30 Premier PPV Service Thursday

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I kind of agree with Scott. By the time you pay $16 for two movie tickets, and another $20 in Popcorn and other concessions it will probably work out cheaper to just pay the $30 to watch it on PPV while its still in the theatres.

The key is you got to have a good home theatre system, and a good televion to be able to fully enjoy the movie.

I could see myself purchasing the Hangover II when it comes out

$16.00 for tickets? they are 20.00 for two here is calif. That is why this service doesn't look so bad.

Magnet Films already does this with their films on XBL...they put them up even before they are out in theaters.

DIRECTV Home Premiere Channel 1100 unavailable?

OK I've been checking all day to see what movies they have available and I keep getting that the channel is unavailable at this time. Anyone have the same issue or is it just me. Before anyone ask YES i have a HD-DVR connected via HDMI.

Not sure about the other two but I know from experience that if you go to Best Buy today you can get Harry Potter BluRay,DVD, Digital Copy combo for 22.00 then you got it forever and watch it on your on time.

I am also getting the channel is unavailable, and yes, I have a 24 series HD-DVR connected via HDMI. No one else having this problem?

1100 says unavailable for me too but if ..............

can do a search for the movie i want and it downloads fine though

it's only new movies and releases that shows unavailable on dtv cinema

all movies and shows works just fine

I am sure for some people this will work out fine, but for me, I can be patient and wait a few months and buy the Blu-ray, which has an uncompressed picture (yes even 1080p is compressed on sat) and lossless audio, and actually own the movie forever with all the extras. Seems like a huge waste to me.

I am sure for some people this will work out fine, but for me, I can be patient and wait a few months and buy the Blu-ray, which has an uncompressed picture (yes even 1080p is compressed on sat) and lossless audio, and actually own the movie forever with all the extras. Seems like a huge waste to me.

i also think it a waste!

As explained out in the previous 1st page or 2; this has its niche; say you have a family event or kids sleepover at your home or a church/school group; think about the logistics and costs when you could fire it up on the big screen in one of these home, school or church scenarios; so I would hardly call it a huge wastes; just not for most of the "average" consumers. And its not likely aimed at those people anyway.

charper1 said:
As explained out in the previous 1st page or 2; this has its niche; say you have a family event or kids sleepover at your home or a church/school group; think about the logistics and costs when you could fire it up on the big screen in one of these home, school or church scenarios; so I would hardly call it a huge wastes; just not for most of the "average" consumers. And its not likely aimed at those people anyway.

That niche is extremely small. Showing it at a church/school group would be illegal anyway because the showing would not fall under the definition of "private viewing".

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)