DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
And if we have an economic downturn, and people can’t pay, and stop paying, what then? Can’t get blood from a turnip. This possibility must be considered by providers. I guess they’re betting on their customers, for the most part, continuing to pay.

And if we have an economic downturn, and people can’t pay, and stop paying, what then? Can’t get blood from a turnip. This possibility must be considered by providers. I guess they’re betting on their customers, for the most part, continuing to pay.
The NFL doesn't care about that. They are going to the highest bidder.

Then you turn them off if they don't pay .... thats the way the world rolls ....
Maybe those that can't pay, will finally start buying what they can afford instead of the luxury.

How many people that you know that haven't worked nearly as hard or long as you have, but they have a New Car every other year, if not each, a nice new iPhone every year ...
I don't have those, yes, I could afford them if I wanted too, but I am a responsible person when it come to those type of things.

• Love
Reactions: navychop
Then you turn them off if they don't pay .... thats the way the world rolls ....
Maybe those that can't pay, will finally start buying what they can afford instead of the luxury.

How many people that you know that haven't worked nearly as hard or long as you have, but they have a New Car every other year, if not each, a nice new iPhone every year ...
I don't have those, yes, I could afford them if I wanted too, but I am a responsible person when it come to those type of things.
ESPN can't pay for their contracts now yet they keep signing billion dollar deals. They don't care, we pay for it.

Reactions: navychop
The Sunday Ticket already available to anyone that wants it, regardless if you have D* or not .... it was JUST posted for Students and if you look a bit farther it shows it available for others as well.

From that same link :
But it doesn’t stop with students. DIRECTV will continue to offer NFLSUNDAYTICKET.TV and NFLSUNDAYTICKET.TV MAX to residents who live in apartments, condos or townhomes in the U.S. where DIRECTV service is not available.
No it is not, I have a house, so I am available to get DirecTV, I went to the site, punched in my address and it even said so, not available.

Now I could get DIrecTV, I will not because I have 11 rooms with a Television (one is a projector), there is no way I am going to pay all those box fees on rooms that are only used sporadically when we have guests.

No it is not, I have a house, so I am available to get DirecTV, I went to the site, punched in my address and it even said so, not available.

Now I could get DIrecTV, I will not because I have 11 rooms with a Television (one is a projector), there is no way I am going to pay all those box fees on rooms that are only used sporadically when we have guests.
You Can, you Choose to Not.
Big difference.

Btw, do you REALLY expect a streaming service to allow 11 streams so you can watch on all your TV's at one time ???
Do you actually watch all of them at the same time ?

You Can, you Choose to Not.
Big difference.

Btw, do you REALLY expect a streaming service to allow 11 streams so you can watch on all your TV's at one time ???
Do you actually watch all of them at the same time ?
Of course not, I just need them to be available when I have guests ( just last weekend, both my kids were here and another Family member), if they wanted to watch Live TV, ready to go and does not costs me a extra cent.

The rooms that get everyday ( not at the same time) use-Living Room, main bedroom, Game Room ( for me when the wife is watching Food Network), Dining Room and the outside Back Deck Projector ( using right now, watching the news while on the Life Cycle).

That alone is $36 dollars (including DVR fee) a month, then with the other bedrooms (5) and the TV in the entryway ( my area until I finished the game room), that is $78 extra a month ( plus the one time fee in getting the boxes), from the website-Pay $49 one-time activation fee for each wired or wireless receiver over 4 and if I go wireless, another $99.

You know who provides service (via streaming apps) that do not require boxes with the fees having them, not just YTTV and Hulu LIVE, Charter and Comcast also does and they are not losing as many subscribers as DirecTV.

Last edited:
So I discovered NFL GamePass when grumpily looking up options after the Pats game, which was a national broadcast wasn't going to be shown on CBS where I live and instead showing the Browns post game show. :mad:
So Gamepass is $10 ($9.99) a month for full replay and ~45-min condensed replays which are available nearly immediately after a game has been played. Not uber-convenient, but I can live with that service for that price.

Not great for the nacho and beer viewing crowd, but if I can get a Pats game in under one hour with every play, same day... for $10... yeah, I'm with that.

They just re-added coaches film back to it also I think. I got it for free w/ my Raiders season tickets, but I have a thing about watching non-live sporting events so I rarely use it.

Been streaming NFL for several years at this point, via NFLST, YTTV or other means (I prefer the local broadcast, and then the latter, but can't go into that here). Looking forward to it becoming more accessible whenever this finally happens. Sorry if that creates a less than ideal situation for you Jimbo but the change is coming. Your last few posts are nice btw, I'd stick more to the personal angle because when you are applying that to 'people' it's why those here are debating as passionately - things are changing and the bandwidth and access to applicable services exists for many - just not access to Sunday Ticket... yet. We'll see what form that takes and the options that become available.

My mom thought little of when I put YTTV on her TV so she had access to my streaming service (I'm logged into almost all the apps on her TVs / fire sticks because I have 4 kids, lots of digital services and several hundred pieces of digital content at this point). I've been paying for the DirecTV account in her house since 2005. In about 2 years she's gotten to the point where she's streaming it from her phone to her fridge, managing and curating a library of programs and has reiterated a couple times at this point... 'if you want to pull the DirecTV out go for it' and I haven't because my brother is living there too (until this month) and we always wanted to retain the option of getting Sunday Ticket for him. We didn't this year because he's going back on the road (truckers getting bank right now), but that time is coming shortly. Long story not short, habits can change, even in old dogs, I'm sure there will be a way for things to work in your setup, but I know change is scary and there are uncertainties. Some will absolutely be in a worse position for it, and I hope that isn't the case for you and yours.

I hope not . I hope it will still be an option on D*

Disney owns too much , marvel star wars and I think they own mlb.tv (bamtech) .. and NHL now ....

Reactions: John2021 and AZ.
What service can they charge more for? ST will be a standalone product.
Disney+ has no sports...still a standalone product..but it would be with their sports group

NBC woild put it on Peacock be peacock has sports

But you wouldn't put it on Disney+ when you have a pre existing ESPN service

Status
Please reply by conversation.