DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Disney+ has no sports...still a standalone product..but it would be with their sports group

NBC woild put it on Peacock be peacock has sports

But you wouldn't put it on Disney+ when you have a pre existing ESPN service
They could get more eyeballs on Disney+ than they could ESPN+. I think they would look at where the subs are.

Still think ( and hope) it goes to Amazon. first the NFL tried to get Apple to bid on it just so they can get more money from Amazon, that failed, now the NFL is trying with Disney, who I doubt would pay 2 billion dollars for NFLST for something that might be a loss leader.

Disney is still carrying a high debt load from the purchase of 20th Century Fox and the start up costs of Disney+ and ESPN+, their debt went from 17 billion in 2018 to 51 billion in 2021, while cash on hand is only 16 billion.

Amazon has more cash then debt ( in 2021, Amazon has 78 billion in cash/50 billion in debt), Amazon can easily afford ST and can use it a loss leader towards other services, that seems better for Amazon then Disney.

Still think ( and hope) it goes to Amazon. first the NFL tried to get Apple to bid on it just so they can get more money from Amazon, that failed, now the NFL is trying with Disney, who I doubt would pay 2 billion dollars for NFLST for something that might be a loss leader.

Disney is still carrying a high debt load from the purchase of 20th Century Fox and the start up costs of Disney+ and ESPN+, their debt went from 17 billion in 2018 to 51 billion in 2021, while cash on hand is only 16 billion.

Amazon has more cash then debt ( in 2021, Amazon has 78 billion in cash/50 billion in debt), Amazon can easily afford ST and can use it a loss leader towards other services, that seems better for Amazon then Disney.

A lot of younger fans don't like amazon

They will need to make their money back so I think it will be an added fee.

If Disney did get it, I believe it would have to be a separate fee, if not, a lot of folks ( myself included) would just sign up for 3 months then cancel after the season.

Why do you post things without any sort of evidence?

Here-

As of January 2020, 81 percent of U.S. adults aged 18 to 34 years were Amazon Prime members,

Why do you post things without any sort of evidence?

Here-

As of January 2020, 81 percent of U.S. adults aged 18 to 34 years were Amazon Prime members,

They dont like paying for ( streaming)sports
But its outside the boundries of this discussion

Your talking about $200 +
We will see what happens

Sunday Ticket is a loss leader
Direct tv got satellite subs
Amazon prime wont get additional subs if they charge extra..now if it was included...

They dont like paying for ( streaming)sports
But its outside the boundries of this discussion

Your talking about $200 +
We will see what happens
That is not you wrote-
And no one knows what Amazon ( or whoever) will charge, all we do know is that DirecTV charged ( currently) $300 and only have 2 million subs to it.

That is not you wrote-

And no one knows what Amazon ( or whoever) will charge, all we do know is that DirecTV charged ( currently) $300 and only have 2 million subs to it.
They like beeeeeep for sports and movies...its a game for them...like watching stuff on cband back in the day..or cable boxes with chips etc etc

Sunday Ticket is a loss leader
Direct tv got satellite subs
Amazon prime wont get additional subs if they charge extra..now if it was included...
It was a pretty awful loss leader since DirecTV has lost about 7 million subs the last 5 years, the most of the Traditional Providers.

And there is no way Amazon will give away NFLST to Prime members, they have 150 million Prime household/members in the U.S. already, not many more left, if they charge $100 and get just 15% of their members to subscribe, they will break even.

15% of DirecTV subs get NFLST now, there is no reason why Amazon cannot do the same.

It was a pretty awful loss leader since DirecTV has lost about 7 million subs the last 5 years, the most of the Traditional Providers.

And there is no way Amazon will give away NFLST to Prime members, they have 150 million Prime household/members in the U.S. already, not many more left, if they charge $100 and get just 15% of their members to subscribe, they will break even.

15% of DirecTV subs get NFLST now, there is no reason why Amazon cannot do the same.
But will they make a profit?

Thats the question

Status
Please reply by conversation.