DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
A rep told me today that there fighting to keep the Sunday ticket.. and that there fighting to be the exclusive provider for it since it's how they get subs... should be interesting!!!

I feel like like we are going in circles with these posts.

Last time, no one knows why Amazon ( or anyone else) wants it or if it can be profitable.

The only things we know is Amazon has the most potential to make it profitable based on the massive numbers of Prime members they have.

Amazon actually has about 70 million more subs then all the Traditional Providers combined ( roughly 80 million).

The other thing we know is DirecTV/AT&T no longer wants it based on their dwindling sub numbers and the $600-up million loss they take every year on the NFLST, doubt it, find one news story that shows DirecTV wants to keep it in any form, even Roger Goodell has said it is going streaming.

The last thing we know, the NFL is going with whoever pays them the most money for Sunday Ticket.
Goodell didn't say that it WAS going to Streaming (although it probably will) he said they look at it as a possible Steaming service.

Having Potential and Actually happening are two different things .... again, it more than likely Will, but its not yet.

A rep told me today that there fighting to keep the Sunday ticket.. and that there fighting to be the exclusive provider for it since it's how they get subs... should be interesting!!!
If you talked to anyone at the Call Centers, they are the last ones to get any info about Anything, let alone anything as big as this is.
If they have any idea that your leaving, they would tell you that info, that it will be staying with them, they don't know, but it may have swayed you to stay.

Reactions: John2021
CSRs know nothing and considering that DirecTV has lost almost 7 million subscribers in the last 5 years and they lose $600-up million a year on NFLST, it is kind of a moot point they need it to get subs.

Reactions: John2021
CSRs know nothing and considering that DirecTV has lost almost 7 million subscribers in the last 5 years and they lose $600-up million a year on NFLST, it is kind of a moot point they need it to get subs.
Even if they still do want it. They will get badly outbid for it.

I don't belive the reps when they say there gonna keep it... wonders how will go back that att screwed over I doubt many will after how att wrecked it!!!

If they offer it for less money they will increase that number, but no way they can get it to 15 million. And that wouldn't be enough at $100 to pay for it. Directv is currently paying $1.5 billion a year, the NFL will want at least $2 billion a year on renewal because they always want more money than they got the last time.
Never said 15 million, I wrote 15%, the same percentage that subscribe to it via DirecTV, which would be enough to cover the 2 billion at $100 per.

Never said 15 million, I wrote 15%, the same percentage that subscribe to it via DirecTV, which would be enough to cover the 2 billion at $100 per.
You forgot to subtract freebies and discounts in that 15%...also those old fogies without internet

They will retain the diehards who always have it. The fringe fans might bail.
I also heard there looking for people that want the top tier package as well.. I heard there trying to win back some of the subs that att drove away with pitiful customer service. All speculation now though!!! It will be interesting to see how this whole thing plays out!!!

I also heard there looking for people that want the top tier package as well.. I heard there trying to win back some of the subs that att drove away with pitiful customer service. All speculation now though!!! It will be interesting to see how this whole thing plays out!!!
It’s the same customer service. They are still using the ATT call centers. ATT still owns 70% of the company

As I have been writing here, looks like I was correct in that the NFL was just using Apple, Disney, etc in trying to get more from Amazon, it worked-

Eh, to the contrary I wouldn't be surprised if they end up getting a little bit of a break if they're also buying 49% of NFL Media.
A break on ST yes, but how much is 49% of NFL Media.

Status
Please reply by conversation.