DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
But the majority is shrinking, 6 million left Traditional Service in 2020 ( from your link) and 5 million so far in 2021, that number just in the last 2 years is more then subscribers to OTT Live Service-8 million.

Why do they need a and?

Then I would guess that DirecTV is a idiot since they have been losing $600 million a year on NFLST for the last few years, that is why there has not been one News Story that DirecTV is trying to keep it.

I want NFLST ( and will get it once it is available via the internet) but do not want DirecTV, I have 11 TVs, to pay Box Fees/DVR on all those would add about $80 a month to the monthly bill, that is wasted money to me.

I have said it before, I would rather have a Traditional service like Dish or DirecTV, if they can figure out how I can get service on TVs that do not get much use ( guest rooms for example) without charging me a box charge, I would jump, Comcast, Charter and YTTV all do it.
Yoiu said you didn't want D*, then you said you do ...
You asked how to get the ST on all TVs without box fees ... download the app and your good to go.

Dont want it
I didn't ask if you WANT it or not ...
I asked if you can AFFORD it .

Not you personally, I'm asking if people will be able to afford it once this all shakes out and is offered thru who ever offers it.

We have 1 more year at least of viewing on D* ... (hopefully more).

Someone above posted about D* keeping it and it being available to others ...

I have a nice deal, thats why I don't want it going away from D*.

Not you personally, I'm asking if people will be able to afford it once this all shakes out and is offered thru who ever offers it.

Sure..I can afford it...but why...I dont bet much

I keep wondering why any company would want it. It has been a money loser for D* all along. That said, how long would D* be willing to continue losing money on it even if they could afford to keep it?

I keep wondering why any company would want it. It has been a money loser for D* all along. That said, how long would D* be willing to continue losing money on it even if they could afford to keep it?
D* never expected to make millions from it, they used it to bring other in.

If they were expecting to make money on that service, they wouldn't be giving it away to every new sub and many that call in to ask.

For years, I'd call in and negotiate with them ... they knew I didn't call in thruout the year, so they would work with me. I typically could get it for 1/2 price or better.

Brought in millions of subs
Thats no longer a hook for D*
The Ticket is now geared toward sports bars.
My buddy is a part owner of a small pub. His biggest day of the week during football season is Sunday.
Heck, even the Panthers fans show up to eat and drink adult beverages.
Sports bars still get good business.
For home viewing, unless one is a die hard fan of a team outside their market, ST is pretty useless.
For bettors....The place to go is The Red Zone Channel.

My buddy is a part owner of a small pub. His biggest day of the week during football season is Sunday.
For home viewing, unless one is a die hard fan of a team outside their market, ST is pretty useless.
Let them drop it and see what happens

Nope, no longer a hook for them, seeing thier situation, that left a long time ago.
I would bet that your buddy's biggest day, has Always been Sundays, during the football season, followed by Saturday, during College Football ...
Home viewing is for those that live outside of thier favorite Home teams market ... which is what the ST has ALWAYS been about.

If I could legally watch the Steelers games from home without paying somewhere, I would ....

Nope, no longer a hook for them, seeing thier situation, that left a long time ago.
I would bet that your buddy's biggest day, has Always been Sundays, during the football season, followed by Saturday, during College Football ...
Home viewing is for those that live outside of thier favorite Home teams market ... which is what the ST has ALWAYS been about.

If I could legally watch the Steelers games from home without paying somewhere, I would ....
Too bad locast went down

That's a lot of remotes lol

Wouldn't the TV , STB and Sound system all turn on when you press power on (on the D* remote)??

Also on demand you can search for movies etc vs guessing which app has what...

I know cell phones usually tell us which platform a show /movie is on now ...

Also reverse to that , other providers have netflix app built into the STB .. so no need to change remotes or inputs ...D* does need to add apps one day I miss the YouTube search feature

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
i have google home hub the only thing that don't turn on is DTV :mad:. who needs remotes in this day in age:coco. people think i'm nuts when i talk to my electronics :D:oops:

You said you didn't want D*, then you said you do ...

Never said that
You asked how to get the ST on all TVs without box fees ... download the app and your good to go.
No, I was talking about getting DirecTV‘s programming on the other TVs in the house without a box fee, all the ones that would get very part time use, if and when we get guests ( if the virus ever ends).

I only have one TV that gets major use as far as Live TV goes, the outside projector is mostly movies but I do watch news in the morning on it while on the exercise bike, son’s room ( here now while waiting for his first house purchase to close, but never watches Live TV except some News and Sports), daughter’s room ( when she is home from school, she seems to just have You Tube on), Dining Room ( very rare use), Game Room ( might have the news on for noise if reading in there), our bedroom ( very rare) then the Guest Rooms.

That is why I can see paying for one box that would get full time use, not for the extremely part time use the other ones get.

Status
Please reply by conversation.