DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This would be BARS and Commercial establishments only ....
So far ...

Now, seeing the NFL wanted the MOST people to be able to pay them/watch ... They SHOULD allow D* to have it for residential as well, the original idea from Goodel was to have as many people as possible be able to see it ... as in make it Non Exclusive .... then that was apparently changed, as Amazon or Apple will again make it exclusive, so its no different than if D* had kept it ... except its not on a different platform.

IF they wanted the most to see it, open it up to everyone.
If the NFL wanted everyone to watch it would be opened up to all cable providers.

Reactions: AZ.
If the NFL wanted everyone to watch it would be opened up to all cable providers.
Yup, it would ...
People continusly complained because D* had the ST exclusively ....
So then they go out and give it to someone else exclusively ...

If it was open to all ... cable companies would be open to it,, which is fine, how many have the ability and infrastructure to handle it if they did have it ?

Reactions: AZ.
????
MLB runs into November ...
NBA doesn't really Start till Oct/Nov
NHL Starts in October ...

NFL goes from Sept, thru Jan ....
The regular season ends in October. So they won't need space for 15 channels a day.

October 5, is the last day of the regular season.

Yup, it would ...
People continusly complained because D* had the ST exclusively ....
So then they go out and give it to someone else exclusively ...

If it was open to all ... cable companies would be open to it,, which is fine, how many have the ability and infrastructure to handle it if they did have it ?

Exclusivity isn't a problem for the NFL, they are maximizing revenue and routinely do it via exclusive agreements, so the delta is exclusivity + maximizing revenue -- and streaming is the answer.

Reactions: Yespage
I'm sure the big cable companies could make it work, even if they had to shut down some PPV / on demand channels on Sunday afternoon (which is how Directv manages the bandwidth - it isn't like NFLST channels are there 24x7 from Sept-Dec)

I'm sure the big cable companies could make it work, even if they had to shut down some PPV / on demand channels on Sunday afternoon (which is how Directv manages the bandwidth - it isn't like NFLST channels are there 24x7 from Sept-Dec)
Good point .... I was thinking the larger ones would be interested, however, Money would then be an issue ... again.

Good point .... I was thinking the larger ones would be interested, however, Money would then be an issue ... again.
I think the networks want limited access or the NFL would have let cable have it years ago

Extra innings ends October 5, When does Center Ice and Center Court start. They just need a Sunday, and 8 open channels for ticket.
Hockey Starts the 1st week in Oct.
I'm not and NBA fan but I would Oct, Nov at the latest.

edit:
Looks like NBA season starts Oct 18th this year.

I think the networks want limited access or the NFL would have let cable have it years ago

The NFL took the option that paid them the most. Directv was willing to pay for an exclusive.

No one would be willing to pay a fixed sum of money for a non exclusive, they would only accept a deal where they paid the NFL a fee per subscriber. The NFL likes the fixed fee arrangement because they know exactly how much money they are making each year.

Even now they are still going with an exclusive, when obviously they could sell to Apple and Amazon and Directv and Comcast if their goal was getting the most eyeballs. They don't care about the most eyeballs for NFLST, they care only about the most money.

The NFL took the option that paid them the most. Directv was willing to pay for an exclusive.

No one would be willing to pay a fixed sum of money for a non exclusive, they would only accept a deal where they paid the NFL a fee per subscriber. The NFL likes the fixed fee arrangement because they know exactly how much money they are making each year.

Even now they are still going with an exclusive, when obviously they could sell to Apple and Amazon and Directv and Comcast if their goal was getting the most eyeballs. They don't care about the most eyeballs for NFLST, they care only about the most money.
No contract yet..but the winner could chose to allow commercial and rural subs to be serviced by directv

No contract yet..but the winner could chose to allow commercial and rural subs to be serviced by directv

Businesses maybe, doubt there would be any individual subscriber distribution (and the TNF report doesn't suggest this either).

That's just another appeal the the non-exclusive fantasy people keep pushing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.