DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
WRONG ANSWER ....
I Do have Hulu, I went to it and did a search for Top Gun ...
It says, Your subscription doesn't include STARZ ...

So, its NOT on Hulu, but I would have gone to Hulu and wasted time trying to find it.
Why not just turn on directv and tune into the encore channel

Reactions: dtv757
Top Gun is currently available on Starz on demand

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

It was a poor one
REALLY ?
Your Really gonna determine what MY example was ....

Just because some people feel there should be more than 1 choice (when the reason for changing was to offer to more) your gonna dump on me ?

I've really had enough of people jumping on others around here.

This site use to be a FUN place to come every day and help others or find new info ... not much anymore.

REALLY ?
Your Really gonna determine what MY example was ....

Just because some people feel there should be more than 1 choice (when the reason for changing was to offer to more) your gonna dump on me ?

I've really had enough of people jumping on others around here.

This site use to be a FUN place to come every day and help others or find new info ... not much anymore.
Dude, you are the one who derailed this thread when you started to rant about streaming in general, look back at the posts, the only time others brought up other streaming issues was in response to your posts.

Let’s get back to talking about NFLST and the possibility of it’s new home.

Reactions: meStevo
I thought Amazon was also in on this.
The 3 front runners are
Amazon
Apple
ESPN

Like has already been mentioned here, I think one of the three will get exclusive streaming rights to it, but also think that it will somehow end up like the other three leagues packages and be available on satellite and cable, especially for the commercial establishments.

Regardless, it will be interesting to see what happens.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
So, if I want to watch Top Gun ... just off the top of my head, I have to figure out WHO produced it, then find out what service they might be with, if not more than one ...
And eventually find that it MIGHT be on a service I have, maybe not.

Much easier doing a search and find it on a channel that I have on my current platform.
Off topic I know, but if I search for a movie on my Roku, it tells me what services have it and if it is extra cost or not.
The search is not perfect but it is very good.

Off topic I know, but if I search for a movie on my Roku, it tells me what services have it and if it is extra cost or not.
The search is not perfect but it is very good.
I haven't used my Roku for a Search as far as what service has something.
I have used my Sony TV (Android) to do that and it will tell me that it is on whatever services its on, but when you go to those services, it may or may not require a sub (addl. money for it).

The Cooler is one that comes to mind, it told me it was on AP, I went there and find that yes, its available on AP for like $5.
I already pay for Prime, I'm not paying more to watch a movie.

I just justwatch for that kind of thing when my kids come to me about a movie they want me to buy, since we sub or have access to so many services at home.

1632939717574.png

So, if I want to watch Top Gun ... just off the top of my head, I have to figure out WHO produced it, then find out what service they might be with, if not more than one ...
And eventually find that it MIGHT be on a service I have, maybe not.

Much easier doing a search and find it on a channel that I have on my current platform.
On my Apple TV, I just press the voice button on the remote and say "Top Gun". Then it shows me a list of titles it thinks I'm asking for. The actual movie named Top Gun is the first result shown in the list. I click it and can read info about the film and watch a preview. I see that I can watch it on Starz (with a free preview available) or I can rent or purchase the film from Apple. Any of those options can be completed by clicking the remote.

I'm pretty sure Google TV, Roku and Fire TV all work similarly. It's not rocket science.

If your argument was true then the NFL would never consider going with Apple TV+ because they have a fraction of the subscribers Amazon Prime does.

In reality though your claim is ridiculous - there would just as many NFLST subscribers if it was on Apple TV+ as there would be if it was on Amazon Prime despite having so many fewer subscribers. Just like hardcore NFL fans today subscribe to Directv to be able to get NFLST, tomorrow they would subscribe to Amazon Prime or Apple TV+ - at least for the months September - December. It would save them a bit of money if it was on a service they already had, but if they're willing to pay $300 for NFLST they aren't going to balk at having to spend an extra $5 or $10 per month every fall to get the service that allows them to subscribe to NFLST.

While Directv costs a lot more and doesn't allow subscribing for just a few months, the kind of hardcore sports fan that wants NFLST considers cable/satellite (or equivalent service like Sling TV) a MUST HAVE. There are tons of live sports that are simply not available via streaming. There's little difference between the services, Directv may be a bit more expensive than some but not enough to dissuade someone willing to spend $300 for out of market NFL games. So I just don't buy that there's a huge pool of potential NFLST subscribers out there for the NFL to find. Most people who want it, have it.

The only gotcha is that neither option is available everywhere. Some people can't get Directv where they live, and some people can't get internet good enough to do live streaming where they live - or are older and less technically adept and would simply feel it is beyond them. Whichever way they go, if the NFL does an exclusive they are going to keep some potential customers away.
When you restrict the pool of potential subscribers to folks who must sign a two-year contract for a cable TV service the requires sticking an ugly rain-fade-prone dish from the 1990s on their roof, it definitely reduces the potential number of subs for NFLST. If the price for the package itself is the same, I'm confident that the number of subs would be significantly more (not double, but more than 10% more) if it was sold either as a standalone streaming package or as an add-on to Prime (which is very popular). If Apple ends up selling NFLST (which I doubt), it will either be standalone or close enough, given that Apple TV+ only costs $5/mo, which is basically nothing compared to the cost of NFLST.

On my Apple TV, I just press the voice button on the remote and say "Top Gun". Then it shows me a list of titles it thinks I'm asking for. The actual movie named Top Gun is the first result shown in the list. I click it and can read info about the film and watch a preview. I see that I can watch it on Starz (with a free preview available) or I can rent or purchase the film from Apple. Any of those options can be completed by clicking the remote.

I'm pretty sure Google TV, Roku and Fire TV all work similarly. It's not rocket science.
Yes, I have the same on my Sony .... I don't want to have to Rent or Purchase.
I already have most apps, why would I want to pay again ?

Yes, I have the same on my Sony .... I don't want to have to Rent or Purchase.
I already have most apps, why would I want to pay again ?
There is a solution to your problem but probably against forum rules to suggest kodi

Status
Please reply by conversation.