DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If they don't have those young millennials now, they won't get them at all.
Those Young kids are more interested in playing games in front of thier electronic device than watching anything that is LIVE in the Real world.
Actually, NFLST streaming will be more appealing to some college age kids, most of them live in such conditions ( dorms, rentals) they cannot put up a dish.

Reactions: John2021
Unfortunately, you seem to think that they will LOWER your bill by getting it from another provider .... thats a pipe dream.
I have no idea what Amazon will charge, there is the possibility of charging less because they have so many more Prime members then DirecTV’s subscribers, 140 million more.
Amazon and Apple know how much D* has been charging, and Getting.
That is just it, DirecTV has not been getting it, only 2 million ( out of roughly 13 million and shrinking) sub to it, how many of those actually pay for it, based on what I read at this site, DirecTV comps it a lot.

Actually, NFLST streaming will be more appealing to some college age kids, most of them live in such conditions ( dorms, rentals) they cannot put up a dish.
College kids /students or folks who live in an MDU can order NFL streaming now via

Nflsundayticket.tv

I think the student rate is around $100

I had it a many years ago when I lived elsewhere with fios. 2014 possibly ? Just found the PR so it was 2016

Last edited:
College kids /students or folks who live in an MDU can order NFL streaming now via

Nflsundayticket.tv

I think the student rate is around $100

I had it a many years ago when I lived elsewhere with fios. 2014 possibly ? Just found the PR so it was 2016

So, this answers the Streaming is much better and will have Billions more Subs ....

Looks like you can already get the ST withOUT Directv ... therefore, those who want it, already have access to it.

(this is not at you dtv757, as you already know this info !)

So, this answers the Streaming is much better and will have Billions more Subs ....

Looks like you can already get the ST withOUT Directv ... therefore, those who want it, already have access to it.

Can I stream it direct from the NFL or am I still paying DTV?

Vast difference in it going to for example, prime, and how it’s available for streaming now. (Or then)

Magnitudes different. It’s not remotely the same.

Vast difference in it going to for example, prime, and how it’s available for streaming now. (Or then)

Magnitudes different. It’s not remotely the same.
Not really.
You pay Amazon/Apple or someone else ... it gonna be streaming if you all get your way regardless ...
I want to know what happens when the internet isn't fast enough or the servers get bogged down and the service doesn't work, and the Call centers have No Clue ... I Can't Wait.

Reactions: AZ.
Not really.
You pay Amazon/Apple or someone else ... it gonna be streaming if you all get your way regardless ...
I want to know what happens when the internet isn't fast enough or the servers get bogged down and the service doesn't work, and the Call centers have No Clue ... I Can't Wait.
Amazon has maybe the best streaming platform in the world with AWS.

Not really.
Yes really. With the example you used, it’s not available to most. That’s a very limited availability window.

You said those that want it without directv already have access, and that simply isn’t true.

I’m not sure what else you are arguing tbh. It’s all over the place.

Yes really. With the example you used, it’s not available to most. That’s a very limited availability window.

You said those that want it without directv already have access, and that simply isn’t true.

I’m not sure what else you are arguing tbh. It’s all over the place.
The Sunday Ticket already available to anyone that wants it, regardless if you have D* or not .... it was JUST posted for Students and if you look a bit farther it shows it available for others as well.

From that same link :
But it doesn’t stop with students. DIRECTV will continue to offer NFLSUNDAYTICKET.TV and NFLSUNDAYTICKET.TV MAX to residents who live in apartments, condos or townhomes in the U.S. where DIRECTV service is not available.

The Sunday Ticket already available to anyone that wants it, regardless if you have D* or not .... it was JUST posted for Students and if you look a bit farther it shows it available for others as well.

From that same link :
But it doesn’t stop with students. DIRECTV will continue to offer NFLSUNDAYTICKET.TV and NFLSUNDAYTICKET.TV MAX to residents who live in apartments, condos or townhomes in the U.S. where DIRECTV service is not available.
So why does it matter if DTV is offering it streaming or Amazon?

Never mind, its useless discussing this with you guys, you ALL want it to go to Streaming Only, which is great for you guys, but Not for me.

There are reasons that I prefer it to stay with D* as well as other options, which none of you guys are wanting or accepting.

Why you guys are so against it being available to other platforms is really beyond me ... I have parents that do not like having to Stream stuff, like most parents older than us .... they stream very little and thats only what I have set up for them .... they can't always remember the last conversation, they will never get thier ST online.

My Dad and I have been watching the ST since it started .... before D*.
No desire to change .....

Never mind, its useless discussing this with you guys, you ALL want it to go to Streaming Only, which is great for you guys, but Not for me.

There are reasons that I prefer it to stay with D* as well as other options, which none of you guys are wanting or accepting.

Why you guys are so against it being available to other platforms is really beyond me ... I have parents that do not like having to Stream stuff, like most parents older than us .... they stream very little and thats only what I have set up for them .... they can't always remember the last conversation, they will never get thier ST online.

My Dad and I have been watching the ST since it started .... before D*.
No desire to change .....
I'd love it to be open to every provider. Why should DTV get the exclusive.

I'd love it to be open to every provider. Why should DTV get the exclusive.
I doubt it will be exclusive any longer and I'm fine with that, as long as its not ONLY available via Streaming.

If D* keeps it and it goes to someone Streaming, Fine.
Thats what I have been saying all along by the way.

Status
Please reply by conversation.