DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
A break on ST yes, but how much is 49% of NFL Media.

Any piece of NFL ownership is like minting gold bars. This will be worth a fortune and there's no sign of it's value decreasing anytime soon.

I look forward to the dividends we could see as end users on Amazon's services between Sunday ticket and as a piece of NFL Media ownership. The access to past games and existing programming could be unparalleled, and if it includes more new programming from Amazon like their All or Nothing series... fantastic.

Any piece of NFL ownership is like minting gold bars. This will be worth a fortune and there's no sign of it's value decreasing anytime soon.

I look forward to the dividends we could see as end users on Amazon's services between Sunday ticket and as a piece of NFL Media ownership. The access to past games and existing programming could be unparalleled, and if it includes more new programming from Amazon like their All or Nothing series... fantastic.
I agree with you, but I am still waiting for those here that will still say how bad it is that NFLST is leaving DirecTV and going to Amazon.

As I have said before, I can only see positives with it going to Amazon, this deal makes it even better.

I agree with you, but I am still waiting for those here that will still say how bad it is that NFLST is leaving DirecTV and going to Amazon.

As I have said before, I can only see positives with it going to Amazon, this deal makes it even better.
They should make thursday night football amazon exclusive first..just to see what happens...take it off nfl network etc

They should make thursday night football amazon exclusive first..just to see what happens...take it off nfl network etc
So, now you want to take a program off ALL potential networks (Cable/Sat ect) and move it to Stream ONLY .... and see what happens ?
About 1/4 of the people capable of watching WILL ... they will Love those ratings.

NFL Media is not owning a team. Its owning nfl.com, which you can view for free; NFL Network, which, really is niche programming, especially in the off-season and has ratings that reflect that; and the Red Zone. It is not really owning a team.

The negative is one. Anyone with a clear view of the southern sky can get DirecTV, and there is an internet based work around for the tiny fraction of people who cannot; the number of homes with internet capable of this level of streaming is far less, and many bars and other places with NFLST do not have internet at all, and often do not even have access to it, even if the residential parts of their town has great internet.

So, now you want to take a program off ALL potential networks (Cable/Sat ect) and move it to Stream ONLY .... and see what happens ?
About 1/4 of the people capable of watching WILL ... they will Love those ratings.
You are grossly under estimating how many will be able to watch because of your hatred of streaming, it is more like 8.5/10.

Amazon Prime has over 150 million members/households in the U.S, that is a tad more then double to how many cable/sat pay subscribers there are, it stands at 74 million.

Also, the NFL is going to get 1 billion dollars a year for Thursday Night Football, they are quite happy with the deal, regardless of the ratings.

As an experiment before pulling sunday ticket

It will probably fail miserably but it would make good business sense to try that first

You are grossly under estimating how many will be able to watch because of your hatred of streaming, it is more like 8.5/10.

Amazon Prime has over 150 million members/households in the U.S, that is a tad more then double to how many cable/sat pay subscribers there are, it stands at 74 million.

Also, the NFL is going to get 1 billion dollars a year for Thursday Night Football, they are quite happy with the deal, regardless of the ratings.
you have me wrong ... I don't dislike Streaming at all ....
I would be quite happy with streaming the NFL as long as there are other options as well.

You don't REALLY think that ALL of those 150M members are going to all be Football fans and tune into the games, just because they are Amazon members, do you ?

BTW, any word how much EXTRA they (or Apple, whoever gets it) are going to charge for the NFL package on TOP of thier already increasing Charge to be an AP member ?

The negative is one. Anyone with a clear view of the southern sky can get DirecTV,
And yet only 13 million do.
and there is an internet based work around for the tiny fraction of people who cannot
Which does not get NFLST, so it does not matter.
the number of homes with internet capable of this level of streaming is far less,
In fourth quarter of 2020, the total number of broadband subscribers in the U.S. stood at 105.82 million, which is roughy 90 million more then DirecTV, 40 million more then all Cable/Sat. Subscribers.
and many bars and other places with NFLST do not have internet at all, and often do not even have access to it, even if the residential parts of their town has great internet.
And again, they will have options to get Broadband by the time NFLST starts up at Amazon( or whoever), it is called StarLink.

In fourth quarter of 2020, the total number of broadband subscribers in the U.S. stood at 105.82 million, which is roughy 90 million more then DirecTV, 40 million more then all Cable/Sat. Subscribers.

And again, they will have options to get Broadband by the time NFLST starts up at Amazon( or whoever), it is called StarLink.
Starlink keeps pushing back equipment dates

Reactions: SamCdbs
you have me wrong ... I don't dislike Streaming at all ....
I been reading your posts, it definitely comes off that way.
I would be quite happy with streaming the NFL as long as there are other options as well.
Every news story has said is going to a exclusive home, even this last story from 3 days ago, the most notable thing the last story said is this-Amazon is also bidding for the “Sunday Ticket” package against Disney, ViacomCBS, Apple, not one Traditional TV Provider.

Every news story I have read on this for the last year, no one mentions it going to a Traditional Service, not even DirecTV.
You don't REALLY think that ALL of those 150M members are going to all be Football fans and tune into the games, just because they are Amazon members, do you ?
Of course not, it is just they have the most possibility of getting better ratings (Thursday Night Football) and more subscribers ( NFLST) because they have 150 million members, which is double the Traditional Pay TV Subscribers.

BTW, any word how much EXTRA they (or Apple, whoever gets it) are going to charge for the NFL package on TOP of thier already increasing Charge to be an AP member ?
You have to get DirecTV and pay for that to get NFLST, that is a lot more expensive then a year of Prime, the costs of a month of DirecTV would be the same as a year of Prime

Starlink keeps pushing back equipment dates
NFLST does not start up at a streaming service for a year and 9 months, plenty of time.

Except, Starlink won't be available to many of those wanting due to price.

Reactions: SamCdbs and AZ.
Except, Starlink won't be available to many of those wanting due to price.
No one knows what Amazon will charge Bars and Restaurants for NFLST, it might be less then DirecTV, then that makes StarLink more affordable, also Bars/Restaurants will no longer need DirecTV anymore, so savings there.

I been reading your posts, it definitely comes off that way.

Every news story has said is going to a exclusive home, even this last story from 3 days ago, the most notable thing the last story said is this-Amazon is also bidding for the “Sunday Ticket” package against Disney, ViacomCBS, Apple, not one Traditional TV Provider.

Every news story I have read on this for the last year, no one mentions it going to a Traditional Service, not even DirecTV.

Of course not, it is just they have the most possibility of getting better ratings (Thursday Night Football) and more subscribers ( NFLST) because they have 150 million members, which is double the Traditional Pay TV Subscribers.

You have to get DirecTV and pay for that to get NFLST, that is a lot more expensive then a year of Prime, the costs of a month of DirecTV would be the same as a year of P

No one knows what Amazon will charge Bars and Restaurants for NFLST, it might be less then DirecTV, then that makes StarLink more affordable, also Bars/Restaurants will no longer need DirecTV anymore, so savings there.
Instead they will need High Speed Internet that MOST don't already have.

Instead they will need High Speed Internet that MOST don't already have.
You are making a statement without any evidence, how do you know that MOST bars and restaurants do not have High Speed Internet.

You are making a statement without any evidence, how do you know that MOST bars and restaurants do not have High Speed Internet.
Seeing I have worked in Businesses over the last 30 years installing and repairing Internet, I know that 90% of businesses IF they have internet at all are at a VERY low speed, most that do have it are only there for thier credit card machine.

That is the plan next year isn't it? TNF Amazon exclusive.

If Amazon gets 49% of NFL Media, that answers the question of who produces TNF for them.

That is the plan next year isn't it? TNF Amazon exclusive.

If Amazon gets 49% of NFL Media, that answers the question of who produces TNF for them.

Yup, starting next season. Originally 2023 but moved up once the existing Fox deal ended so they could match the 11 year term the other networks have for the other broadcast contracts.

Status
Please reply by conversation.