DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
how about 1.5 for most here.
I call Bullsh!t... Like I said 100 is the minimum from the cable company which serves everywhere the phone company does also... and if there does happen to be some random bar in the middle of nowhere getting only 1.5Mbps from DSL.. I doubt they are paying for Sunday Ticket... They are also idiots because they could probably get Cell Service for 20 Plus Mbps at a third of the cost

I call Bullsh!t... Like I said 100 is the minimum from the cable company which serves everywhere the phone company does also... and if there does happen to be some random bar in the middle of nowhere getting only 1.5Mbps from DSL.. I doubt they are paying for Sunday Ticket... They are also idiots because they could probably get Cell Service for 20 Plus Mbps at a third of the cost
When I was servicing Businesses, they were mostly running 1.5 because thats all that is required to run the Credit Card machine ...

I can't even get 100 mbps at my Home without paying thru the roof, I refuse to spend $100 a month for internet .... not worth it for internet or streaming.

Cable often times will offer more, but not where I was.

When I was servicing Businesses, they were mostly running 1.5 because thats all that is required to run the Credit Card machine ...

And when was the last time you were in these businesses, things do change with time, I remember when I first had broadband, late 90’s, it was a whole 3 down, 1 up, now I get 1G down, 40 up and have for the last 5 years.
I can't even get 100 mbps at my Home without paying thru the roof, I refuse to spend $100 a month for internet .... not worth it for internet or streaming.

Fine, not where you are, but you should not use that as a example for the entire country.

I was in Publix this morning buying groceries, I got on their wifi and did a speed test, topped out at 158 down, 10 up, provider was Charter.

Reactions: comp9
And when was the last time you were in these businesses, things do change with time, I remember when I first had broadband, late 90’s, it was a whole 3 down, 1 up, now I get 1G down, 40 up and have for the last 5 years.

Fine, not where you are, but you should not use that as a example for the entire country.

I was in Publix this morning buying groceries, I got on their wifi and did a speed test, topped out at 158 down, 10 up, provider was Charter.
Same I cant name any business i haven't been in for the last 2-3 years that does not offer free wifi

100 bucks a month isnt paying through the roof.. Most Cable internet plans start in the 60 plus range

Attachments

• 489643B2-67AD-47C0-B025-C895FC99BFC9.png
    489643B2-67AD-47C0-B025-C895FC99BFC9.png
    136.2 KB · Views: 85
None of this is talking about the thread ....
Personally, I'm tired of getting abused in here...

Many of you guys have never done the same job, so you really don't know.
That said, I haven't done your job either.

The MAJORITY of businesses, do NOT have open wifi for anyone that happens to come in.
IF they have internet, its behind a password.

I have been in places that DO have open wifi for people, stores for example and you would never want to USE thier wifi as its painfully slow and you have to log in to thier stuff (McD is one) and they are terrible.

Reactions: AZ. and Juan
None of this is talking about the thread ....
Personally, I'm tired of getting abused in here...

Many of you guys have never done the same job, so you really don't know.
That said, I haven't done your job either.

The MAJORITY of businesses, do NOT have open wifi for anyone that happens to come in.
IF they have internet, its behind a password.

I have been in places that DO have open wifi for people, stores for example and you would never want to USE thier wifi as its painfully slow and you have to log in to thier stuff (McD is one) and they are terrible.
Inaccurate

Status
Please reply by conversation.